• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Achman lake

Any been to Achman the past week or so? I have seen a dozen or more houses out there. I plan hitting it Thursday.

My dad was out there on Tuesday night, caught a few crappies, but all of them were small as could be he said.

I sure hope people are using their heads out there, it will only take a week or two to completely fish out that little lake. Please take caution on smaller bodies of water and practice C&R! Good luck all!

Thats it? I counted 14 vehicles parked along the service road today at 2:00. It looked like the Gull Lake tournament out there. Im glad I opted for a less crowded lake.

Nels

I have found a few keepers the past few days, but they are far out numbered by very small crappies. I think someone caught a couple of "keepers" stretched the truth some.

Maybe in a few years the size will be better.

"Maybe in a few years the size will be better"

I could be if there weren't 14 people keeping fish every time out. Achman is a very small lake that wouldn't take much to fish out.

Ive fished the lake before and what a joke! It makes me laugh when I am driving out to my secret lake and look at that mess out there! smile.gifgrin.gif Well, if people want to waste their time or follow the crowds that bad, let em'.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Looks like quite the gathering tonight as I drove by to another spot. Must have been 30 portables out there at 5:30.

I myself did alright on the crappies. Nothing big but quite a few in the 9-10.5" range. Plastics outfished minnows and waxies 3:1 and also accounted for the bigger fish.

WTF is going on at Achman? Drove by last night around the same time Borch passed by and saw the zoo as well. I fished this lake in my college days both open water and ice and didn't have much luck at all. There must be something biting to have that many people out there!

Like others have said I hope people are throwing a few back (yeah right). I'm sure there are fish to be had out there but even if the action is marginal, it is a good little lake to stop by and fish since it is so convenient...probably one of the easiest and closest lakes around to just walk out and set up quick during a winter that most wouldn't (and shouldn't) feel comfortable driving on the area lakes.

SA./wdw

I haven't fished it but I talked to a guy that was out there and he said they were catching 7" crappies and yes he stated a lot of people were keeping them. To each his own I guess!!!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Quote:

geno how do you put pic in the left hand column? castindad

On the top of these threads there is a "My Home" link. Click it. Then In the bottom half of that page there is an edit personal info link. Click it. Finally in the bottom part of that page is avatar info. Past the address to you pic that you want asan avatar there.

You'll need to get you pic hosted on a web photo hosting service. There are lots of them out there.