• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is this a good lake for tip-ups??? Looking for a tip up spot on the Mississippi or St. Croix around Hastings or Prescott.

fishgutz

I would pass Rebecca and go South of Hastings to the Vermilion River backwaters. Good Luck!

Cory Frantzick

Hey Cory, thanks for the info. I checked it out last weekend and it's all open water. I'm gonna give it a try hopefully on Sunday. Dude thanks again...

fishgutz

Did you try at the Blackbird landing?

That is usally froze up as you go north of the landing. I have pulled some big pike out of there. Can be hit or miss, but some good crappies as well.

Good Luck!

Cory Frantzick

the access at blackbird was open as of mid week last week. havent been down there since.

i would be VERY cautious when fishing these aeras any winter, and ESPECIALLY this winter. i have had many times where your on 12" of ice and a foot later your chisel goes through like its wet toiletpaper!

anywhere you have mixtures of current and springs you best be careful.

any luck when it's open water with a sucker minnow and bobber hookup??? Any panfish???. My dad and I are going this weekend to the blackbird and Rebecca lake. Couldn't last weekend, had to go see grandparents. You guys are great, you've already given me some good info... I love fishing river systems... It's the best.

fishgutz