• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Clear Lake (by forest lake)

elusivecrappiecatcher

Anyone fish this lake. I have heard of some good walleye fishing but have never fished it. Wondering if anyone has been out and any good spots for crappies and or walleyes.

Fished this lake in about every season, tough lake, very clear, gets pounded pretty hard. Have caught Wallys, small Northerns, Bass and an occasional Crappie, oh yeah and small perch. Not a whole lot of structure..a drop off pretty much all the way around the lake and a sunken island in the middle. Have seen some of the biggest Carp of my life in that lake also in the spring ...look like a darn Trident sub come cruising under the boat. Hope this helps.

Would be a great place to go to stick some of them pigs in the spring, plenty of shallows to cruise particularily the south end which is a big flat no more than about 3-5 feet.

I've fished this lake since '98 (back when the parking lot still had available space at 8AM on season opener)and would recommend some of the other local lakes for targeting crappies(WBL,Forest)--just not a lot there in terms of size, #'s. Walleye fishing seems to be alright early season, but by mid-late June it can be a real tough lake. I've had some winter success on the first drops from the landing eastward and on the far east side of the lake where you traditionally see a lot of shacks on the hardwater. There are also a few muskies that aren't afraid to hit walleye baits on occasion. Try chartruese or orange colors when jigging or spinning. Good Luck!