• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

courthouse in chaska

anybody been out there troutin?? Ice thickness?? anybody seen anything come up through the ice???

I would like to take a small group of inner city kids out ice fishing for their 1st time.. Would this be a good place to take them? Any good advice on what to use for bait. I have plenty of crappie jig sticks for them to use.

Also, is there close parking? confused.gif

I fished it hard on Tuesday with no luck. I definitely wouldn't recommend bringing any youngsters out there.

The DNR stocks a lot of trout in this pond, but it gets hit very hard on opener every year. There were probably three hundred people out there this year, and I think most took their limit. I would guess there has probably been close to 2000 fish taken out of this 10 acre pond since Saturday.

Fishduckdog, when are you doing this outing? If I don't have plans, mabye I could help, i do know good spots to catch lots of kids sized panfish....

• 2 weeks later...

i can catch pretty much any fish but a darn trout,,,,i cannot catch one down there but everyone else can, even the little kids down there!!!