• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone been on Pokegama or Cross yet? Just wondering if I can bring the wheeler and the permanent up yet? Any ice info would be great!

Pokegama had a few permanents on it. I would say next weekend would definitely allow you to plop your permanent down. I didn't look at Cross, but they usually develop ice at a similar pace.

No, I did not. I was pheasant hunting in the area and checked it. I might get back up there round about Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been out on either lake resently? We're headed to our cabin east of town for New Years and am hoping to get out a couple times. How are the ice condions?

I'm also interested in an update on ice conditions for Cross. Is it accesible by wheeler yet? Where's the best place to head out of?

Well I hear there is 10-11 on Pokegama but havent checked it out yet. But if thats the case I am gonna bring the perm out this weekend, If there is a good 10 I might even drive the car out

I just spoke to a girl who works with me that lives on Pokegama and she said there was 8 full size trucks on the lake this weekend. I wouldnt go that far yet but sounds like I will be driving my car out this weekend. And another girl here was on cross lake at her grandmas for christmas and she said there was trucks out there too.

wow u guys are lucky to be by cross. we go there once every couple years and thts my favorite lake to fish on. its even the lake i caught my first fish on. i love how there is all ways something biting there. well thts all i just wanted to say tht.

Ray,

Any lakes in the area worth trying for wintertime cats? Drop me an email if you get the time. almontco1 @ ya hoo without the spacing.

Carefull on cross there are still spots that the ice is only 6" not far from shore.

Was on Pokegama on Saturday. Found 12" everywhere I checked but of sourse stay clear of where the river runs out of t6he lake. I arrived there to trucks on the lake and a truck plowing a road across the middle. I drove my car out there with no problems. Fished for 3 hours in my crappie spot managed no crappies but did get 4 walleyes and 6 perch. Never caught many walleyes in my crappie spot but maybe i need to find a new crappie whole and stick to walleyes there. Anyone else been out? Let me know how you are doing and if you have found the craps!

I was thinking of heading to Cross Lake this weekend and was wondering if someone would be kind enough to post an update on the ice and how fishing has been. I have a cabin just north of the island.

Hi, I have a house up near Cross and Pokegama but have never ice fished Cross and have never fished Pokegama at all. This weekend I was hoping to go out on Pokegama and was wondering if anyone could give me any information as to where to get on the lake and where to try fishing. It doesn't matter what kind of fish we just want to get on something. Also, we will be walking out so the closer to shore the better. Feel free to e-mail me [email protected] thanks a lot.

Chadly and Danny,

Ice thickness on Pokegama is 12-13" as of Sunday. I have been driving out in my car as have a lot of trucks. For a spot within walking distance you will have to go to the little access on the east side of the lake. To get there you take cty 7 west of the freeway and go about 4 miles to cty 53. Take a right(go north) on cty 53. Go about 1 mile and just after the big right hand corner take a left on Maple Knoll Rd. Keep going straight on this road and you will run into the lake. If you park there and walk straight out about 200 yards there should be a group of houses there. You should be able to pick up some sunnies and crappies and maybe a walleye or 2 there. Good Luck

which access are the trucks heading out of. North public access or the South.

Thanks

Most of them go out of the one listed above. The other two are closer to the river so I always use this one. It is a very easy access.