• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Was out on Saturday and the same old same old. Caught three eyes -- all 10 to 11.5 inches -- missed about five fish.

I keep thinking I should move the house, but I am catching fish -- even though they are small. Anyone getting any bigger ones?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dahitman44

• minneman

• ScottND

• Bison9

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott ND --

One of these days I have to get to that tourney. I do a lot of them around here but haven't done very well.

Was there a lot of flooding? I went to one last year were we were in three feet of water in most places the whole time. two feet of water in other places. mad.gif

HM, we couldnt take it any longer and moved ours a bit further out (22')last thurs, so far one keeper and lotsa perch. But the perch catchin came in handy cuz my bro and i went to the Extravaganza on sat and I won me a strikemaster auger on a .35 perch grin.gif I almost threw it back but thought...after 6 years of not catching anything out there, I Better do it...whod a thunk it...??

Dahitman..fished Pelican Sat. Evening..not much happening..marked fish for about 10 min..caught one 13in fish. Then nothing for two hours..packed up and went home...

I heard there was a lot of water last year and went prepared but no problem this year. Just a lot of fun even if we got skunked. (was not skunked just before the gun though mad.gif)

How's the slush on Big C.? I've got a few more days of vacation left and was planning on running and gunning it with the 4 wheeler. A few weeks ago was the last time out there and it was foot pedal deep the whole run.

Scott ND --

Slush is funny. There is no slush when it is cold, but when it warms up the slush is there are a pain in the rear area.

The answer -- fish when it is, like in the 20s. If it is really warm you will have some issues.

I heard the gap area is giving up some nicer fish, but fewer, but I have not tried it. If you want tiny ones, try next to me, but not too close, I don;t want any flooding. smile.gifgrin.gif

My buddy and I are (or I should say "were") planning on going to Pelican tomorrow. Is it worth it with this April weather we have been having? Just wondering because I don't want to bust through with the old sleeper... I just got it!

was out tonight, 3" water on the ice under/around the house, 8-9"ice under that. most of the snow is now ice/frozen slush.

Was this on Pelican? Anybody know if Middle C is still accessible by Swannies? Sure is hard to have fun this winter worrying about the ice all the time!

So how's it going on Big C. for everyone?

I just spent 3 days on there and saw a couple walleyes and a northern on the aqua vu. That's it! other than all the perch a person wants to catch.

I finally moved to another lake and went to a shallower bay. (20') and found the water at 37 degrees compared to BC's 35. Drilled 5 holes, started marking crappies right away and although very murky, kept entertained by them, walleyes, perch and bass all day. Caught a couple of the bass when they stole my jig from the fussy crappies.

Where does the main runoff, or river come in to Big C.?

I believe that Big C. is fed from Leaf lake which is fed from Dahlberg lake which is spring fed. Dahlberg is on the north west side of Leaf.

The main inlet for big c is the bay on the west side across from swanies resort on middle c.

the water comes from Bejou to upper cormorant, to nelson, (witch has a couple other lakes attached to it), then from nelson to middle c, then big c. it flows out on the west side of pikes bay on to pelican.

Thanks for the information minneman! That's good to know. Is Little C. in this chain at all?

New Big C update.

I was out there with a buddy and caught one 11-incher, but lost about six light-biters on the rattle reel.

The jig stick finally worked for the first time in a long time. I missed three fish, one almost to the surface. Had a nice hit at about five p.m. of a fish that had some size.

Had some other buddies that fished shallow -- 13 feet and caught One 15 incher and looked down the hole and saw one pic -- 25 inches plus -- she banged into a couple of the minnows, but no visable bites.

Any one else have any luck?

Does anyone know if there is much water on top of the ice on Pelican? I didnt make it out last weekend and im thinking I should pull my 8X12 off. Any reports would be helpful.

Thanks

was out there on sun.and pulled our house off from west end. there is some water and frozen ice on top but with four wheel drive shoud be no problem.

Ray --

How did you do on Pelican this season? Did you leave us a couple? wink.gif

That is my spring lake -- Never get to it in the winter and I don't know why. cool.gif

hit man. plenty of fish left,we never did any damage,moved around as much as we dared on west end. tried deep shallow and in between,never could get on them,but spring is around the corner??

Ray --

I can't wait for spring. Have you ever chased the crappies on Nelson Lake? That is fun.

Anyone know when the Sportsman show is?

Made it out Sun. morning by 0530. It was cold but calm out. We were in a permanent in about 21'. Got a 17" at about 0600 and that was it for walleyes. I have a spear house nearby and moved that, Hadn't been in it for 3 weeks, popped off pretty easy. Moved it into 18fow, Sucker decoy and red@white. 4 lb walleye comes up to take a look thane swims away. No pike at all but perch everywhere. At 10:00 the monster musky shows up and smells my sucker,swims out,then back, circles,smells,swims away...COOL.

Eyehunter --

It is in March? Wow, I thought it was in the middle of February. Thanks for the info.

Lee Lake update --

Rode the sleds over to take a look and no houses. None. Not in any of the spots.

Looks like somebody drilled a couple of holes in Crappieland but that was it. It might be fun to get out there with a portable.

Biff--

I wish I could get up in the morning.

The one time I did get out of bed and hit the ice early I did fairly well. That is when we caught the pig of the year -- five pound eye.

Have you fished the morning very often?

Hitman,

Did the approach coming off of 32 into John's place still have a lot of snow in it? Or do you think that a guy might be able to get a pickup in there now so you could at least get your truck off of the road and up on the hill to walk down on the ice?

Well, I'm sure a ford truck could make it but the one you have may need a Ford to pull them out. Just Give old Mark Burns a call at Burns Motors, he'll fix you up.

Just Kidding.

I would say that you would have made it before this snow, now, when the blade 32 there will be an even taller pile. I would just go through it and give er heck.

If I remember your truck you should make it. I would NOT go past the hill, it is drifted in pretty well at the "access"

Yeah, the Dodge with the big 318 will make it grin.gif. This stuff we got today seems pretty light and fluffy, shouldn't be too hard to get through it. It sounds like after Thursday and Friday the snow should be pretty much blown away. I was thinking of trying to get down there and see if anything would bite since there hasn't been any pressure on the lake at all this winter, not even the sound of a passing truck on that lake this year, never know, could produce something wink.gif.

Hitman, I havn't made it out early very often cause I got to get the kids on the bus usually. I like to get out and hit the big perm. for the walleye run than switch over to the spear shack. Work has been kinda feast or famine so when the phone rings gotta answer it. Walleyes don't pay the bills for me... Sure wish they would. By the way, Mark Burns is a man I would recommend on a new or used Truck anyday. laugh.gif

I hear ya -- the fishing could be good.

Let me know if you want to go, maybe I'll head out there with ya.

I may chase some crappies. Have you every seen anyone fishin that back bay just north and west of where I fished? I understand it is a good, yet under fished crappie hole.

Yeah, kids on the bus -- that is another resaon I have not made it out in the morning.

Any idea what these cold temps will do for the fishing?