• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

North Kato Launch Terrible all season

How many people do I gotta call to get the North Mankato Launch cleaned out? Its bad!! The planks are washed out, they havent cleaned the silt off all summer, and now with the river low its worse. I (Contact US Regarding This Word) near tear my duallies off trying to get the RP out. I have called the parks department and left repeated messages with no response. I remember a few years ago my dad tried calling the city and was told it is not considered a public use ramp... I was like hmmm ,ok, well if the city has a drowning they are gonna be SOL except for running to Land of Memories. Any thoughts? How many people have used this one? Its right below the bridge...

that launch is horrible. mostly i think its on the wrong side of the river. it's shallow as hell. inside bend if the dike walls weren't built through the city i bet it'd be a big sand bar right there. the concrete planks are shot too, you're right, totally washed out and move all over when you drive on em.

Blake, I think they refer to that landing as a canoe access and not a full boat access. Not sure if it is even public as I was kicked out of there before from launching back a few years.

With land of memories only a couple miles up river, I wouldn't think it would make sense to maintain both ramps. I think it was put in during the bridge reconstructions to support that, not for public use. I could be wrong on that as that was many years ago.

Good call guys. I just get angry when I see it deteriorate. Its a 3 mintue drive from my house, where the LOM one is a 8 minute drive. After work I am literally in a race to the launch!!