• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Explain your name...

Hap Shaughnessy

Any one that watches The Red Green Show knows who Hap Shaughnessy is. He the old guy that tells the tallest tales ever told, like when he had a tiger ranch "every spring, branding time was a bloodbath"

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobby Bass

• PierBridge

• sachem longrifle

• pascooter94

Northlander

I have always lived in the Duluth/Superior area thus the "Northlander". smirk.gif

when i signed up i was fishing lakes shaminaue and alexander quite a bit. born in 1972.

Nothing better than a shore lunch on LOW . . . especially when the wind isn't howling, it isn't snowing and some type of extra-terrestrial bugs aren't invading.

Kind of the same thing as WAG416... But my handle are my initials.. JKH.. and 431... is my badge number...

Hoggs is my nickname (one of many). My last name is Hogetvedt, so nobody liked pronouncing it incorrectly all the time. The 222 part is because 22 was my number in baseball. Kind of a favorite number. I had registered before under (Contact US Regarding This Word), but I forgot that password! So I went with 222.

That guy is just plain cool, and I like to think I'm the envy of the neighborhood, like him, even thought I'm not.

Sparkyaber

Sparky= It is a reference to my trade: All electricians are called "Sparky" daily at work.

Abe= My first name.

R= First letter in my last name. (Rodrigue)

Used on all forums and threads around the 'net.

not_nuf_time

I have three kids, all play travel and high school sports, seven sports in all, so its year round and sometimes two activities at a time. Oh yea, I coached about 90% of them. And I have a wife to share in the Northwest Metro Sports Taxi Co. Hence the name. My name should be "Hauling 24/7" or "Money Tree". confused.gif

Quickstrike

got my name as a kid when fishing with my dad or uncle. it seemed i always hooked the first fish and that's where quickstrike came from. i thought it sounded quite catchy and i've used it for anything needing a nickname ever since.

People ask me what I do for a job. I used to tell them I do dentistry as a profession. I now tell them that I hunt and fish and leave it at that. Don't get me wrong but as soon as the word dentist is mentioned the conversation turns to teeth,horror stories,personal miserey,and becomes work. I would rather talk about hunting stories at the access after a great day waterfowling than have someone I just met explain to me all the reasons they have only one tooth and ask me how they can make sure they don't lose it. Don't get me wrong I love dentisty and I will answer your questions to the best of my ability but it may have to be after the hunt. DDSBYDAY

Captain B.R.K

Well the only thing that came to me (quick thinkin') was I lived in Duluth at the time so what could I associate with the Lake Superior & fishing??? Captains work on ships and charters on the lake so I ran with that plus my initials! THUS.....Captain B.R.K!!!

Plus I own a 16ft Lund and I am the Captain of that vessel grin.gif

cableguy031

I installed cable TV, digital telephone, and hi-speed internet services among other things. No, I'm not psycho about customers. crazy.gif

Born, raised and lived in Duluth for years, something 42 of them to be precise. Got out of college(2nd time around) in 99 and figured I would have to move to the twin cities to find work and actually wound up moving up north to the Range. Hence I am "up north" grin.gif (can't spell my handle correctly in a post or it gets replaced "with contact us about this word statement")

I had an interview at a mold shop years ago

And when I met the guys in the shop they played a joke on me by giving me wet limp hand shakes,one guy was nekid under his smock. Another guy (a brother) stood behind the foreman and rubbed his groin. I knew they were jerking my chain. I took the job and on the first day I wore cut off bib overalls and a regulation wife beater.

I walked in and one of 'em said "we got us a pig farmer"

Made some life long friends there.

Pig Farmer

I am going to sound like a nerd, but here goes...When I was registering for a site years ago I was reading a book on a medieval life and they focused on a peasant named Regenald. The guy basically got the crap kicked out of him his whole life and had no real hope for the future; at the time, I could relate. I just keep using it, because I can never remember a new one when I change it.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Mines a lifetime nickname. Short for my last name "Borchardt".

I have 2 wonderful children (Hunter-9 and Hailie-5), a good wife, and a 22’ pontoon. Need I say more? Actually all I would need is the kids, the wife, and a fishing pole and it would still be a great day to be alive! smile.gif

I used to work for a large potato farm, and sometimes I would drive a truck full of them spuds!!

walleye_guy18

2 years ago I was into walleye fishing and was 18 thus walleye guy18. little did I know that in a couple of months I would become addicted to musky fishing. I guess I should really change my name to musky freak our something along those lines since I haven't picked up my walleye rod for 2 years, its really a shame that the st. croix just sits in the corner while the big musky rods get to have all the fun

Juan Grande

Mine means "Big John" in Spanish. I used to weigh about 265 so the name fit. I've since lost about 65 pounds, but my friends still call me Big John.