• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Explain your name...

Bobby Bass

Quote:

I enjoy reading. Many years ago, I read the book and later saw the movie, "The Last of the Mohicans." Hawkeye was called by the Huron Cheif "LongRifle" because his rifle, "Killdeer," was as tall as him. The book talks of the Huron Leader as"the great sachem." I hunt with a Kentucky longrifle with real BP and a patched leadball, inspired to do such by the movie, so I took the two names. And don't believe the stories in outdoor mags that a patched ball cannot kill a deer

And you have not truly hunted deer till you are out there on that cool fall morning, a little buck follows the swamp, you wait, boom, the smoke clears and there is your deer

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobby Bass

• PierBridge

• sachem longrifle

• pascooter94

After my wife and I had put close to 300 miles on our sleds out in West Yellowstone we pulled our sleds up to this bar/restaurant in town to eat. It was the first time I had seen this beer before(Moosedrool out of Bozeman). Best tap beer I have ever had. You can find it in bottles everywhere now, but it was a great culmination to a day of sledding with my wife through the mountains.

what a great idea for a post. This has been fun to read...

ok here goes:

10 years or so ago we were fishing an ice tourney on Bowstring. This kid comes over and tells us he is fishing with his dad who is a guide and starts to literally tell us how to fish. (ok we pimped him by asking for the secrets of how the guides do it) He continues to keep coming over all day. We have caught some crappies that he does not know of. So the inquiries to him about fishing go on and on and on. He notices we have fish. He and his dad guide have NONE! So, he asks what are we using. I go into a very detailed explanation of fishing crappies with dare devils tipped with leeches. He goes back and we listen to him telling his guide dad that we were using leeches and dare devils. back and forth - back and forth all day long this kid comes and goes. We continued to catch fish and they continued to be blanked. This kid never once saw our jigs but became increasingly frustrated that he and his guide dad went home hungry.

Oh we laughed. My buddy still reminds me of that day. Poor kid.... smirk.gif

Contrary to popular belief I did not catch a net full of shiners and eat them thinking they were smelt grin.gif. I actually got this nickname in college after a little scuffle outside of the bar one night. Long story short, one of the guys that I knocked down picked up a paver/brick from the edging in front of the bar and threw it off my face! Needless to say I woke up with a fractured orbital bone and a completley black and blue left side of my face. The numbers are baseball/football respectively.

My ex wife called me this when she saw(accidently) how much fishing was actually costing me!! It was one of the nicer things she said to me!!! grin.gif 59 is my birth year.

Mines pretty simple. I made the mistake of transposing my real name and screen name when I registered. So I sign in with a screen name and use my real name to post. Then again, I do not need to hide behind a screen name for anything I have posted.

Well, at the time I registered I was on a high horse. I was getting married, just bought a new boat and truck, living in my first house, had finnaly got the job I had been dreaming of, REALLY getting used to working 5 days on and getting 4 off but most of all I was fishing/hunting more than ever.

Since that day I have had my first child (who will be 6 months old tomorrow and is a beautiful girl)and my yellow lab is now 11 months old and one heck of a good dog.

Man, I am still Loving Life wink.gif

LovenLifeGuy

Doc was from my high school football coach, I don't know why, but it stuck. 33 is just a number that has worked for me, sports, roulette,etc.

The lady's always liked it when I told them it was Doc, cause I could operate anywhere. Okay they weren't lady's, just drunk college girls.

My name is just as it implies, I am in fact a college kid. I should've used poorcollegekid but I think it has already been taken...

Mine is easy too. I was born and raised on Ely Lake. Lived there almost my whole life. I know it so good I could drive around the lake with my eyes closed and tell you depths without a depthfinder. grin.gif

My college nick name was "Pick" from my last name Pickett, a couple years out of college we were tubing in NE IA and one of my friends pointed out to the rest of the group how fat I had gotten and the size of my big wagon....In fact the quote was, "WHOA looks at Picks Big Wagon". the sad thing is, my wagon hasn't gotten any smaller. My playing weight in college was 225, I was about 250 when the nickname was administered, and I balloned up to almost 3 bills a couple of years ago, I am working back down to under the 1/8th of a ton mark, but I know my body can't take the abuse to get back to 230.

On a side note, at my last physical (7 years ago) my Doctor tried to tell me my ideal weight should be about 200 pounds, I am 6'7", and I almost stopped laughing out loud long enough to listen to that young punk dr. advise me on something else.

There, that's my story and I am stuck with it!

Stizo... is short for Stizostedium Vitreum...the scientific (maybe latin) name for walleye.

Stizo

I guy I fish with gets real excited when he thinks he has a fish and says "fishon" then realizes it was a weed or a miss and says "nopeoff". ALOT. Just my way of making fun of him I guess.

caughtacase73. I work in a jail. 73 is the state code for stearns county (73rd county out of 87 alphabetically). Caught a case is a stupid phrase that inmates use when they get arrested and get new charges. Like they caught the flu or something and had no control over the situation.

So next time your in Stearns County, try NOT to stop in and say hi. See you on the water instead. smirk.gif

Not what you think, I'm not a particularly successful bass man (but I do reasonably well most of the time). I fish for bucketmouths and smallies as often as I can, usually out of my old 1980 Basstracker. Tried "Basstracker", it was taken, then Bassmaster popped into my head 'cause it sounded close I suppose. Site would not allow the "(Contact Us Please)" part of the name the day I was trying it, so I substituted the @ symbol.........

Mine is pretty self explanitory, I have fished my whole life, a couple of my freinds got me into muskie fishing, now I am hooked like a heroin addict, walleye and ice fishing are my methadone I guess. To all you kids out there stay away from throwing those muskie lures! One follow and your life will never be the same!

Mines just the first half of my last name - and was my nickname most of my earlier life.

i just like hockey and im skating almost everyday in the winter

My friend took the letter of our first name and added dawg to it. ie K Dawg, J Dawg, they just sounded cool.

Zaraspooks - name of a bass lure.

A guy once told me:

"There are 6 million fisherman, 600,000 are bass fisherman, 6000 throw the Zara Spook, and only 6 know how to throw it properly." And he was one of them. I am not. Not sure about his numbers but still a great statement.

Look at my avatar and home town...any questions?

Walleye are my species of choice when fishing in MN.

Hunter goes out to the late Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter so put it all together and you get....

The Windy City Walleye Hunter

Mine is one of convenience, 'jnelson' is the sign-on name to just about every web based application, account, or form I've got, as well as my computer log-in. You'll never figure out my password however.

I know.....dork.

Joel