• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Total reward is now $200+ the shock collar valued around $200 as well.

Can you post some pictures of the dog? Maybe a picture that shows the coller on the dog, to get it stuck in folks' mind from the area, to if they were to see it, they would do a double think that the dog is MIA...and get on the board to contact you on it...

Well I've got some great news. Dog is now at home. Turns out a farmer found a lab around his yard yesterday and contacted the neighbor which happened to be my buddies brother. He said he tried to grab it but she was too scared to come close enough. I called my mom and she drove down there and within a couple hours she made her way out of the woods where we had lost her after hearing her voice. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and concerns it really means a lot to me. We are giving the $100 dollar reward to the farmer and his wife to share. They said they were going to use it to go out to eat somewhere fancy after the harvest is finished up.

I want to give a special thanks to loc9 for his offer of additional reward but will not be needed at this point as it was tough enough to get them to take $100. They also had no need for the collar.

Again, thanks to everyone and have a great rest of the fall hunting season.

That's awesome, congratulations! I am sure that you have a huge burden lifted off of your back. This is a great happy ending to this story, way to not give up!

Thats awesome. Congrats. I'm sure your dog will eat and sleep well tonight!

maybe i could send the money to you then, and you can decide what to do with it. be it just sending the check to the farmer, or taking your mother out for a nice dinner for helping out. or just take the wife out for putting up with you for the last week wink.gif.

i don't know how to say this without sounding cold, but i made a promise to you that i'd help. i would still like to keep my promise and offer the money to you so you can decide what should happen with it.

im glad you found your dog...........loc9

p.s. wallygator, great quote. a river runs through it, robert redford, last line in the movie. great quote.

Chuckster, That's great news. I know the feeling of finding a lost dog.

Loc9fisher, you're an honorable man.

Chuckster,

Good to know your dog is at home. I'll bet she's glad to be at home also smile.gif

Chuckster... glad to hear you got your dog home!

My dog was hit bt a car when I was younger.. she got confused and dissapeared for a week and a half before showing back up at home.. and this was AT HOME.. not in the field. We all but lost hope and suddenly she was at the door in the morning.

Hope all is well and the dog didnt recieve any permanent injury.

AWESOME NEWS CHUCKSTER! I couldn't be happier for you and your pup!!! I for one would still like to see a picture of the pup since we've all been thinking about her for a week now...

Awesome... glad the family member is at home once again!..

What a great ending and again, as paul stated.. what a great family we have here at FM.. where some member who doesnt even know another donates $100 as well... I have never been so proud and happy to be a member of FishingMinnesota.com! Glad we are one again with the dog back at home!

Chuckster, great news, I felt sick when I heard you lost your dog, I couldn't imagine what you where feeling.

Hunting with my two dogs this weekend I kept them closer to me than normal and on two occasions the springer went birdy in the woods and all I could think of is getting her back close to me.

Hope you never have to go through that again.

Mike

Great to hear! Chuckster, is she ok from the truck accident and being on her own for a few days?? I have been thinking about this and hoping for warm nights for her. Even I feel better, I can't imagine how you must feel.

When I first got home on friday night she was in the house and when she saw me she thought I was going to spank her. She acted real timid for about ten seconds until she realized I was just happy to have her home. Shes a very hyper dog and went nuts for about a half hour after that. She doesnt limp or anything so as far as the hit goes I guess it must not have been that bad. She was very dirty looked as though she might have been chasin some birds or something in one of the sloughs around.

She sure did get fed good this weekend as we had a family get together and everyone got to hear the story. I will post some pictures as soon as I can find the adapter for my digital camera so that you can see what she looks like. Hopefully I will find that soon.

Sounds like promising news Chuckster and I wish the best for you!! Hats off to the farmer that called you.

That is Great News. It was nice to read some news like that right away in the morning! (even though it is a couple days old)

"hooks"

• 2 weeks later...

The dog is doing great, I took her out a couple times again last weekend and she worked very well. Seems to be no issue with being hit by the truck. As soon as I get my pictures of her on my computer I will post them. Thanks for the inquiry.