• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
311Hemi

Whoo...our boys are on a roll....this just in!

311Hemi

Too bad they are always in the news for something other than football.....jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze

THE NEWS

Onterrio Smith can't seem stay out of trouble. The Vikings' running back, already serving a one-year suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, has been accused of sexual assault by a 21-year-old Twin Cities woman, according to KSTP-TV in Minneapolis. A civil suit was filed today in Hennepin County District Court alleging that Smith and another Vikings player were drinking with the woman on June 12, 2004 when she passed out. The victim alleges that when she woke up, both players were on top of her. The woman has fetal alcohol syndrome.

Our View

Stay hot, Onterrio. This alleged crime happened well in advance of Smith's infamous Whizzinator incident, but it's still quite feasible that the league could take further action against him, perhaps even a lifetime ban. Smith was obviously in the league's program at the time of this incident, meaning it could be counted as another violation. The sexual assault charge just adds to the likelihood that more sanctions could be forthcoming from the league. It hasn't exactly been a stellar week (or year) for the Vikings, huh?

IFallsRon

Sounds pretty similiar to a Law and Order episode where the school heroes were acquitted of charges they took advantage of a retarded girl who just wanted to "feel special and pretty."

JIvers

I am not prepared to say Smith and the unnamed second player are innocent of anything...but proving they are guilty, or likely are guilty, is another matter altogether. This incident occurred four months ago--does the woman have any evidence to prove that the sex wasn't consensual? Or, for that matter, that it occurred at all? Did she report the incident at the time, or seek medical attention? I know that rape victims are often afraid to come forward, but at the same time you can't convict someone of a serious crime based on nothing more than four-month old accusations with no physical evidence to back them up (assuming there is no such evidence). Not to be cruel, but the testimony of someone with FAS isn't the most reliable, either. The standard of proof in a civil case is normally lower than in a criminal case, but there still must be some corrobarating evidence (body fluids, physical damage, that sort of thing).

How sad is it that the football board right now is focused on rape charges, fluid samples, and groping of eighteen year olds? confused.gif

Hockey Guy

Eyehunter,

Look at the date again. 1 year, 4 months. I guess that just proves your point even more.

fishpepin

Maybe she is like the 85 year old woman who burst into the Police Station crying "Officer, Officer I've been raped".

The Officer asked her "When did this happen Maam"?

The lady replied "Sixty-three years ago".

The Officer asked "Maam why did you wait so long to report this"?

She replied "Report it hell, I just want to talk about it"!

otto_man

I'd be willing to bet that Mark Chumara was the other guy...

james_walleye

Im really glad we got rid of Moss, this fresh start has been great. Randys Moss antics are angelic compared too all thats going on now. Hes got too be laughin his a$$ off right now.

311Hemi

Quote:

I am not prepared to say Smith and the unnamed second player are innocent of anything...but proving they are guilty, or likely are guilty, is another matter altogether. This incident occurred four months ago--does the woman have any evidence to prove that the sex wasn't consensual? Or, for that matter, that it occurred at all? Did she report the incident at the time, or seek medical attention? I know that rape victims are often afraid to come forward, but at the same time you can't convict someone of a serious crime based on nothing more than four-month old accusations with no physical evidence to back them up (assuming there is no such evidence). Not to be cruel, but the testimony of someone with FAS isn't the most reliable, either. The standard of proof in a civil case is normally lower than in a criminal case, but there still must be some corrobarating evidence (body fluids, physical damage, that sort of thing).

How sad is it that the football board right now is focused on rape charges, fluid samples, and groping of eighteen year olds?
confused.gif

I call bad post on my part. I didn't even realize it was last years news.....for some stupid reason Fanball felt the need to post it in the updates and I just overread the actual date and posted it hear. Thanks for the update fanball!

Anyways....I don't have any details you are asking for...I can't answer any of that....maybe the atorney could help ya?

I am just an frusterated fan sick of only seeing my team in the news for something other than football (or lack there of).

And...it is sad that this is what the board has come too...sorry for my part of it!