• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Last Thusrday I was robbed from my pickup while out fishing with my girlfriend on Fish lake north of Fergus. My cd Player, GPS, and my binoculars were stolen from my truck. I am guessing it was a real fast jerk and run they didnt even grab the remote for the cd player. My guess is that they had it planned out, I think they followed me in wathed me leave in the boat and started snatching. It would be pretty simple to do to a fisherman. I would like to have just caught the m#$%^&^&&^^&&* myself. I just wanted to give you all fair warning! be careful guys and gals

hmmmm

About a week and a half ago I was on the same lake in the evening. Not only did I catch no fish, when I got to the access my vehicle had been gone thru. I was lucky as I had nothing in there. Still felt violated.

Geez, sounds like a pattern of theft at that access. That's too bad. I would have never thought it was an issue around these parts. mad.gif

Razor blades taped under the stereo, and carefully placed push pins work well:) Then go to nearby hospital to see who got stiches that day:)

While having someone get all bloody while trying to take your stuff is tempting, I'd fear getting sued by te lowlife(s).

Yeah...and the blood stains all over the carpet and seats...

That could cause problems if you're ever stopped by teh cops (or trying to cross the border into Canada). "'Scuse me, son...are those blood stains all over the front of your car?"

• 2 weeks later...

Last time I went fishing with a friend. The truck and stuff was at the landing and someone sifend (sorry not sure how to spell that sorry) all his gas out of his truck.. luckly we mad it to a gas station on the gas that was left. It specially hurts someone when gas prices are over the roof too...

The Meth problem in the county is growing and the break ins are part of that issue. Isanti county is another prime example of that. Check the Isanti County News police report. Theft, break in repeated over and over again. Sigh. I was thinking of hitting the area this weekend but now I don't know if I want to worry about my truck on Norway, Fish or Orwell above the dam.

I think it is very sad, that people have to really worry about going fishin and bein robbed i think we need to start looking out for eachother i mean really be stickler around people that look a little fishy and not in the good way i know i will watch my abck when out fishing and i will also watch out for others if it require being a d#$k to some people i think its well worth it

• 1 month later...

A real bummer. Was the truck locked? I have installed an electronic shrill whistle to my truck that is turned on and shut off with a small remote. It also has a red light that comes on when in the operate mode. The light acts as a deterrant when it is dark. The shrill whistle acts as a deterrant when a door is opened. A warning sign is attached to each door window. Nothing is fool proof but the more difficult you make it for the break-in the more reluctant a would be burglar will think twice about rifling your property.

I would certainly talk with the local authorities about the situation. They do know how to spot people that dont belong in certain areas. They may not be caught but they will be warned. Hopefully to give up their evil ways.

i take my dogs to a quite landing in a county park on the mississippi north of St. Cloud to swim. There is very little landing traffic and it is close to home so it is a good place to do some water retieves. Anyway, on any given day, cars come in fast, see me, circle around and leave. Are they casing the place? What else could they be doing? if I spend a half hour it happened once or twice everytime.

Check "lot of stuff stolen" on the "Open Water" topic We are going to have to work togeather to put a stop to this.

I agree, I was robbed and it I ever catch it in action..[note from admin...you may be upset but this behavior is not allowed here]

We are also going to have to work with the police. To do that we need to use the same (legal) terminolgy they do. "ROBBED" means a theft in which force or threat of force against a person was used as in a "stick up". It's usually just a "theft" if the stolen iten was just picked up like in a shoplifting. If the theft involves a "break-in" then it's a "burglary" or a "B&E" (breaking & entering). As in " they B&Ed my truck at the landing ".

There are a lot of things we can do to help the police catch these guys. The chances are they won't without our help.