• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey all - I'm looking to possibly trailer a 33' 12,500# twin screws boat from Ohio. I am also looking at having a trailer made - however, if I could loan one from someone it might save me a few grand today...

So, anyone have a trailer to match the Chris Craft Coho's needs?

Thanks for your time~

B2

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Try asking around at the marinas.

Jeff Foster Trucking in Superior has the trailers to do the job. They can get it back in one piece and without damage from bunks that don't line up right. It will cost more one time, but then you can build a trailer to fit the boat and its a lot easier to build it to fit when you have the boat close by. Good luck

Butch, where is your boat at ? There is a good chance I will see Jeff this weekend, and could possibly get you a guestimate.

Butch, I talked to the driver that would be hauling the boat. It is spendy, fuel prices are nuts. He said around 3000. I paid 1800 5 years ago to have my 28 foot boat hauled from Milwaukee. If you are interested in talking with him,you can come down to barkers and meet him. I think he left on a run today. I will be up tomorrow and could let you know when he is back.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a trailer built for it. - should be done next week. BD110 and Big Red (F350) is going to help with the towing.

How's life? Hitting them Oct. full moon Eye's on ML?

B2

Butch make sure BD puts those bear whistles on his truck bumpers. grin.gif

Seriously I hope all goes well on the trip down and back. Give me a holler for the maiden voyage.

I've been out twice so far. Fishing is pretty good.

We are catching quite a few eaters, 14 to19 inches, no big girls yet.

Went out last night with a couple guys, caught 15 kept 8.

If your interested, give me a shout, your always welcome to join me.

This might get your juices flowing:

butch200426.jpg

It should be even better this year.

Kraig

Kraig,

I might have to take you up on the offer. Of course, when my boat is up here and running, I will have to have you and your brother up for fun! Are you still planning on Duckin' it up? How is the Skeeter running?

B2

Steve, thank for the support. You know your invited to the launching - might evn have a few high-carb Leinies. tongue.gif

How fast does an F350 with a 33' 12500# boat and trailer stop? grin.gif I don't think even P-Slayer would have much to work with after that~

B2

Hopefully you guys wont have to worry about any quick stops. When are you going? Maybe I can ride with and be another driver? I havent been anyplace but Canada in a while. Oops I forgot about Mexico. That tells ya how much that thrilled me. grin.gif Dont tel the wife guys! wink.gif

You guys have a safe trip and be sure to take a few pics with the boat hooked up to the truck before you head back.

Butch and crew, good luck bringing her back and have a safe trip!

Steve, my wife and I are in the processing of planning a vacation for next year. Sounds like I should cross Mexico of the list grin.gif

Dont forget to get all the oversize permits for each state and in MN and other states you have to have brakes on all the axles that work. So I hope your wired with an electronic brake control box in the truck. Lastly be safe its only daylight hours for the whole trip back.

Butch,

We should start forming a plan sometime soon. We need to pick a date that works to start. Some other Safety thoughts would be mounting (WIDE LOAD) signs and and running about 60' of wire to each side of the boats transom to mount amber beacons. So give me a call on my cell when you get a chance.

Take care,

Tom (BD110)

For duck hunting im hitting opener. The two weekends after that I'll be on Mille acs.

I could be talked into fishing during the week too.

Give me a shout if your interested.

Butch,

I thought I would bring this back to the top. I did not want you to miss my last post. Give me a call when you see this post.

Take care,

Tom (BD110)

If you ran into problems with that F350 (you know...it's a Ford...) call me at 507 744 2295 or 612 756 0149 and I will come and get you.....I am used to this.

Is trailer a gooseneck or pull behind ?

How are ya Tom.

I'd feel better knowing Vals around for backup, just in case.

Tom speaking of backup, you don't want to forget about that trailer and jack knife Butch's new boat shocked.gif

Now if Butch names that boat "Bear Hunter" I'd like to hear the story. grin.gif

Valv,

Thanks for the offer. I would guess the trailer is being built as a pull behind, being the fact that I do not have fifth wheel hitch.

Surface Tension,

I'm doing fine thanks for asking. I would hope that we will be able to get out and do a little fishing this winter. It looks like your addition is going along well.

If and when this trip takes place. I'm sure all on the FM Duluth forum will be kept up to date. It should be a good time.

Take care,

Tom (BD110)

Tom, I was not kidding, keep my numbers with you. Of course nothing will happen, I was just kidding, but just in case....hiring a tow truck for the whole rig will cost a fortune. If you can wait few hours I can get on road and come on over, no problem at all, even if I don't even know you personally.

This is NOT the first time I do this, and I am well used to travel many miles/day, tuesday I was in St.Louis picking up a boat.

Sheesh, Valv, if you travel the well and willingly, are a competent fellow and will help out someone you don't even know, will you go to the White House after you help out fellow FMers?

We could use someone with your characteristics in there. Wouldn't be bad to have a Commander in Chief who knows how to rock a hitch down on a 2 1/4 inch hitch ball without calling out the National Guard.

Oh, shucks, was this the wrong board to make a political comment in?? blush.gif

Seriously, Valv, you're a star in your willingness to help, and I salute that. Not as much of that these days as we all need. Your example should be copied by everyone, and in the places of my youth, where people farmed and ranched, it was the norm. We might have raised our eyebrows under out feedlot caps at the didoes of the rich tourists, but we helped anyone who needed it. cool.gif

• 1 month later...