• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

was wondering if anyone had camping info for voyegers park.

+where to get a permit

+mooring posts for boats

+toilets

Try either the Kabetogama(sp?) or Rainy Lake forums they are both on Voyagers National Park. I am sure someone frequents those sites can give you some info.

I am wondering if campsites are available on Vermilion and if I need a permit. If need be I will camp at a resort, but I would rather be off from the pack if possible. Any suggestions appreciated.

There are some public run campsites on Vermilion is addition to some sites on islands that are 1st come 1st serve. I don't know where they are and I am not too sure how many there are. I am sure that someone that knows a bit more about them will chime in with some info.

Just an FYI, Vermilion is not part of the Voyagers National Park and that could be why some folks are not responding, thinking you are looking for info on Voyagers not Vermilion.

There are quite a few public campsites on Hinsdale Island which is located in Frazer bay. There is also a good public landing in Frazer Bay with plenty of parking space.

It is only a mile or two to these sites from the landing.

As stated, these are first come, first serve sites.

Cliff

Thanks for the info.

One other question? What is the main forage for trophy (>18") smallmouth?

Crawfish

Perch

And best way to target them

The main forage for smallmouth bass on Vermilion is crayfish.

If you are coming after mid-Sept. Try vertical jigging 3/8 oz. or 1/2 oz. jigs baited with 5" or 6" pike suckers on top of the 10' to 20' rock reefs. You will get some monster bass and also some big walleyes!

Cliff

I will be arriving the weekend after labor-day. Looking foward to the scenery as a first time visitor to Vermilion. If anybody wants to meet over the (9/9)weekend at a lakeside establishment for a beverage and compare reports I will buy the first round. Will be targeting smallmouth and walleye.

There is a nice capsite east of the Trout Lake Portage. I believe there is a fire grate and latrine.

AM COMING UP SEPT 9TH FOR THE FIRST TIME AND WAS GOING TO FISH SOME EYES. ANY HELP ON WHERE TO START WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS.