• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HELLO FISHING FRIENDS TO THE NORTHEAST-

I AM A MUSKIES INC. MEMBER WHO HAS NEVER FISHED VERMILION BEFORE. I PLAN TO FISH THE HEAD OF LAKE BAY AREA NEXT WEEK. I WOULD APPRECIATE LAKE CONDITIONS, FISHING INFO AND WATER HAZARDS IN THIS REGION. IS THIS A GOOD AREA TO FISH MUSKIES? WHAT MAP IS BEST TO USE FOR NAVIGATION/FISHING? IS THERE A CERTAIN TIME/STRUCTURE/DEPTH/BAIT THAT IS CURRENTLY TRIGGERING THE MUSKIES? I’D ALSO BE UP FOR FISHING WITH AND MEETING NEW PEOPLE.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND HAPPY FISHING!

BRIAN

The west end is a great place to fish for muskies. The water has started to cool off a bit and I've seen and caught a couple of decent fish in the last week. As far as hazards, this is a shield lake. The whole darn thing is a hazard and the water is a bit low. A Hotspots map or the locally available contour maps are fine as long as you go slowly and carefully and stay on the marked navigation routes. There are very good bouys and you should believe them and stay away. Not all hazards are marked. There are no particular spots that most people would give you but this time of year look for rock piles near deep water. The bouys come in handy for that! A little vegetation makes them all the better. In the west end there are some good cabbage beds and weed lines that aren't hard to find. Exploring is half the fun as long as you don't hit anything! As far as lures, I'm a bucktail guy and I've caught six so far this year on black and silver. I go a bit bigger in the fall and mix in a reef hog now and then. Since the guys on this website always agree with everything I say, I'm sure there won't be any difference of opinion about lures!!! Good luck. If you see a brown Crestliner with a middle aged cruiserweight casting the reefs, stop and say hi.

• 2 weeks later...

Potsy or anyone else. How did you guys do this past week? It was pretty slow for me. I got 1 nice one on the east end but if I were a ball player, my batting average would have been in a free fall. Very few follows or fish even seen.