• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Leaving for Gunflint in 5 hrs!!!

I am leaving for Gunflint Lake in 5 hrs. I will be fishing Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Anybody know if anything is going on right now? Is it too late in the year for Lake Trout?

Thanks,

MikeT

MikeT,

Welcome to FM. I can't help you much on lake trout info on Gunflint Lake. I haven't heard any reports from there in a couple of weeks. If you get a chance, run over to Gunflint Pines and talk to Bob. He's a good guy and a great fisherman. He'll be able to help. Good luck.

I'll be fishing Sag tomorrow but strickly for walleyes.

Gunflint give me a holler and let me know what days work for ya in Sept. Looking forward to some awesome fall fishing.

Gunflint, Let us know how you did. My annual fall trip is just about one month away. Has the water started to cool yet? Overall, hows your fishing year been?

Please post your results here when you return. I have not fished gunflint in years and I am interested to know how you did.

Walleye fishing has picked up in general, last friday at sag excluded. Water temps are around 67 so it has started to cool down. Northerns are moving around a little more and the smallies are to say the least, bothersome. I'm tempted to start keeping smallies for bear bait. No bugs and cool nights and the birch leaves are turning yellow. It's getting to be that time of year.

Oh Ya! Nothing like Fall Fishing. I love the crisp Fall air, cool afternoons. no bugs, great fishing and a hot cup of coffee. Gunflint here I come. grin.gif

Gunflint! I will be up Sept 30th- Oct.2nd staying at Hungry

Jack Lodge. for three day of no work grin.gif I hope to drown lots of minnows. if you are in the area stop and say hi. my e-mail is jnbnelson at charter dot net. Forest tells me that minnows with Jigs and a flasher work best for the walleyes. I can't wait as the summer has been filled with to much mad.gif work. six months of six day weeks. yuk.

Later Nels. Northlander if you have time off come on up.

I can ask Jerry if he has any deals.we can have a fall party. ANY ONE ELSE INTERESTED. I will have my wife with so I have to behave a little grin.gif

northernnels,

Forest is right about the jig and minnows for that time of year. The biggest problem is getting them locally. I would recommend picking up some on your way up. I like to fish Hungry Jack when my home lake is turning over. There are some big walleyes in there. The biggest problem is getting the bait past those pesky smallies. Although that time of year, the smallies should be shallower and the walleyes deeper.

I'm trying to put together a plan for fishing with Northlander and BD110. I just don't have any schedualing ideas yet. Except that weekends are usually out for me. But that depends on bookings. We are starting to fill up fast.

One thing to keep in mind is that there are no permits available for Sag in the last week of September, however there are no permits required for sag after October 1st.

Bring your long johns. It's already getting chilly in the evenings. And the young bulls are starting to get frisky, tearing up trees and snorting and grunting and making fools of themselves.

Gunflint- Hi I am coming up on my honeymoon here on Fri the 2nd to Mon. the 5th. Which resort do you guide out of again? I want to bring a canoe but was wondering two things.... Are canoes cheap to rent for a day and what would a half day guided trip run for the wife and I approximatly...if you have any openings??? I am just trying to weigh my options... She has never been to the BW so I want to go hiking and a little canoeing but if it is cheap I would just rent one rather than lug the canoe around...guessing we would only go out once or twice in the canoe!! Your help is always appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!!

I don't think They like people to do business on the forums. (understandable) If you want to call Bearskin Lodge anyone will be happy to answer your questions.

I forget sometimes sorry but that is the main info that i needed.....thanks once again for the help gunflint...by the way have the moose been active around the roadsides lately i am sure this is a dumb question but i want my now wife to see a moose so that is one of my goals!! thanks and maybe we will see you on the trail!!!! grin.gif