• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Alexander??

Shamlex any updates? a turn on on walleyes yet or muskies active. Thanks, someday, I'll see you on the lake and intro myself.

I gave up on muskies, sold all my tackle. Just kidding grin.gif Last saturday we fished four until dark not even a follow, havn't been out there since.

Try surface baits now on Alexander. We've had some good luck late Aug. into early Sept. using Jackpots and tail spinners like topraiders. North shore from east end landing all the way to Ogema Pt. and Andersons bay. If you can hit an overcast day so much the better, but the evening bite has always been good. Fish the deep coontail all the way into shore where the junk weeds are. ShamAlex- you need to toughen up and hit it a little harder, or is the married life taking its toll on you? wink.gif

later,

toddb

We fished that exact area last time out, with topwaters, it was in the evening, and overcast. Why did we not catch any oh great one? I guess you'll have to come and show me how grin.gif

I would have to agree surface lures are the way to go on alex rite now. Caught one a couple weeks ago on one and lost 2 at the boat. The only problem is there is too many people on the lake on sat and sun. I dont think its even worth fishing but you still gotta try!!! Ill be there all this weekend and hopefully the fish are biting!!

good luck to all!!

Brian

I don't know if this helps, but Sunday Aug. 21st was the first time that my dad and I didn't catch a muskie or have a follow. This is the first year that my dad and I started muskie fishing, and we're hooked. The first time we tried was on the Fourth of July, and my dad got his first, a 39"er, and had one about the same size follow up on him about 20 minutes later. We've fished about every-other weekend since then and I've had one follow per trip, 2 were about 40" or so, one was a little 25"er and my dad had something really big that boiled behind his bucktail on another trip. I guess we're doing pretty good for rookies grin.gif.

Shamalex- What kind of boat do you have? We have a white 16ft. Alumacraft. If you ever see us on the lake stop in and say Hi. Or maybe we could meet at an acess sometime and talk muskies?

Good Luck to anyone heading out this weekend.

I've got a green 1650 fishhawk with a 60 merc tiller. I will keep an eye out for you. We almost always put in on the east end, maybe I will see you there sometime.

The last time out was just a bad night for us, we usually see at least one or two.

troy,

I'd like to come show you how, but we are in the middle of buying a new house and fixing the old one to sell. My advice for you fishing this time of year on Alex- 12' or less. Mark Kuch. and his uncle have been getting walleyes on Raps inside the weedline at night, muskies will be there too shocked.gif.

later,

toddb

I was out last friday and boated my first bucktail fish on Alex (42). All of my fish on alex this year but this one came on top water. Its getting latter in the season and ive always had very good luck this time of year with spinner baits and bucktails.

If your out there and see a tan fish hawk with Musky Nut on the side of it stop and say hey.

Duck

We went out this morning and had good luck until the storm rolled in. My wife caught her first in two years, I had one hit about ten feet from the boat, had it on for about two seconds then it shook loose. Wife had another one follow her figure 8 around three times, but didn't hit. Then it started to lightning so we came in. It was hard to leave with the action so good. A couple other guys at the landing said they seen 18 fish, a couple hits and blow ups but no fish in the boat. Oh, I wish it hadn't started to lightning, I think it could have been a three or four fish day.

Her pic is in the muskie forum

Just got back from the Lake Alexander area!!! Had the best muskie fishing ive had on that lake!!!! Caught a 43.5 incher on Saterday morning and a 43 incher on Saterday night!!!! Both real fat and agressive fish. Both on topwater too. The fish are really moving there now!!

I had 7-8 explode on my topwater lure throughout the weekend and 3 other follows. Which wasnt very good but they all were very aggresive.

Also my dad was reeling in about a 3 pound bass this morning and the bass jump about 2 feet out of the water and up came about a 48-50 (really fat) muskie and ate it. Pretty exciting !!!! But the skie hit his line and broke it. My dad was pissed he lost the bass and I was like what about the MUSKIE!!

Shamalex I didnt see you on the lake yesterday or this morning. We Kind of fish different areas. I only fish in the spot where you saw me. Except I trolled around the whole lake on sunday afternoon and didnt catch a thing. But I did catch I nice red 20 pound pound achor in 18 feet of water!!!! By the way I wanted to talk to you about that net you got!!!!

Good Fishing

Brian

Brian, we were out there yesterday until dark and this morning until the lightning chased us off. Had close calls but none in the boat. Last night one jumped over my topwater, had one hit on cisco kid, but all I got were some scales. This morning wife had one hit on figure 8 but didn't get a good hookset. I could see one following my thunder head so I changed direction and it was like he coiled up on lunged at it with mouth wide open. The bad part was he had bad aim because he was about a foot to the side of my lure. It was one of the coolest thing Ive seen out there, probably not as cool as the one jumping for the bass though.

When are you coming back, I'll bring that net with me.

Sometimes I think the muskies try and hit your lure for the fun of it like their bored or something. I had one yesterday not even open his mouth, but jumped about 3 feet in the air and did a complete 360 while spinning around. It scared the heck out of me cause it was only about 8 feet from the boat. Then I had another explode at my lure and it wasnt even close to hitting it. It was probably 3-4 feet away and it made a bigger splash then i would if i jumped in the water.

I found out that i would have a better hook set if they were farther away or i wasnt looking right at the lure cause then i wouldnt react so fast. Cause sometimes they scare the heck out of you. I had one a couple of weeks ago hit the side of the boat when it tried getting my lure!!! I looked down and all i see was a big mouth coming out of the water and then a "big thud." I broke my hot lure right after I saw you on saterday so I think I should have had a lot more action but who knows???

About the net. My family is up there every weekend. I dont know if ill be up there for the rest of the year cause hunting is going to start here shortly. In 2 weekends i might go to Vermilion Lake and if I dont go there I will go to Alex, but i wont know for about a week. How much do you want for it???

Also you should give me your email and Ill send you some pics!!!!

Thanks again

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

So how did everybody do this weekend???? So a lot of people fishing for walleyes and muskies!!!!! Any luck???? I had a good weekened with muskies!!!

hey there shamalex!!!! I worked the net over pretty good!! HA HA Anyways i got to use it twice. One 44 incher and one 45 incher!!! One on Sat night and the other Sunday morning. I dont know what the deal is but i only get 43-45 inchers on that lake. Thats 6 now and i think i need to try some other places on the lake cause I think im catching the same fish!!! I NEEED A FIFTY!!!

Hey Sham. i bet u know what lure I caught those fish on!! You need to get a couple of those. All six fish I got there this year was on the same lure.

The boat traffic was not very much. Maybe less then 10 boats out there after dark. Most were trolling the south side of the lake. I stayed out on Friday till about 1 am and i was the last boat out there as far as i could tell. I started fishing at about 4 am on Sat. and I was the only boat out there tell about 5:15. Same with Sunday. I was marking some fish at about 18-22 feet on sharp drop offs.

Has the lake turned over yet??? I think it has been the last week but i cant tell. I know fishtrap has.

Also talked to the Sheriff and he said in about 5 years your not gonna be able to fish the lake cuz of the milfoil. Anybody hear anything about that????

OK ive wrote enough for now!!

GOOD FISHING EVERYBODY

Brian

Dad and I were there from Sunday morning till Monday around noon targeting the eyes. We did pretty well landing 10 on Sunday, 5 between 9:30 and 1:00 and then 5 more between 6:30 and 8:00 pm, nothing after dark. All caught on crawlers in on the bottom of the breakline all between 15"-19". Sunday after the front the shut off, however as usual in the fall, we found a school of smallies and caught probably 12-15 in about an hour with a couple nice ones. Didn't try any muskies for the first time in a while, but I don't think I saw a boat on Sunday that wasn't throwing for ski's, I saw four boats fish the same island in the course of an hour. That makes is tough.

Brian,

Alex hasn't turned over yet. My guess would be that we're probably looking at about 10 days or so before things start to turn, depending on how our weather shapes up. Water temps out there on Friday were still in the mid 60s. You'll be looking at turnover out there when you're seeing 55 to 57 degree water temps. I really doubt that any lakes in the area have started to turn yet. We've still been pretty warm for that to happen.

Nice job on the two fish!

Aaron

It was kind of funny. This boat got a little close to me(about 100 feet) and i dont like that. So anyways i casted my muskie lure at them which is about 12 inches long. It landed about 10 feet from them so i reeled about 3 times and next thing i know i had a skie jump about 3 feet out of the water and grab my lure!!! The fished jumped another 4 times and these people were cheering me on. It was pretty funny.

So now if you guys see a gray Alum. with a 90 Johnson on the back come as close as you want cause im gonna be casting right next to you!!! Now all i need is some groupies with beer and ill have the time of my life!!!!

ShamAlex, You got your icefishing tackle ready? How about your fish house? We going to catch anything this winter on this (Contact US Regarding This Word) lake or what? I Didn't have much luck las tyear. You remember me? KOOBA PS Does your wife work in Royalton?

Hey Kooba I remember you. Nothing is ready yet, but it doesn't take long to get it ready. I didn't do so good last year either.

My wife works in Little Falls. I have a sister that works in Royalton.

Hit it hard Fri nite, did ok, caught 10+ kept 6 15"-17" for 2 guys.

Went Sat nite and it was the darkest night I have ever fished, I have been night fishing for 10 years and never have gotten turned around like i did Sat nite. Between fog and all the cabins being dark, I was really struggling to stay oriented. I ended up staying in 2 locations I can fish in my sleep.