• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

lowrance 350A

Hemlock

Question

Found one of these for sale in our local swap/shop deal. Anyone know of these units? Couldn't find it online...>Old? Outdated?

11 answers to this question

Does it have GPS?? They sell for $350 with GPS on ebay. It was Lowrance's top of the line unit that came out in 94 I believe. It was replaced with the X-15MT in 2000 I think. Great units, I still use mine as a GPS unit.

Oh, and yes they are out dated. Lowrance won't even work on them anymore. If it works and is cheap, get it. If it doesn't work and is REAL cheap and you are going to buy a new Lowrance, buy and call Lowrance they will exchange it for a coupon. Not much off, but better than paying full price.

Yes it has GPS, can it take a mapping chip (Navionics)?

Dude was aking $300 I din't realize it was that old.

Will Lowrance give you a credit on any old unit? I have an older flasher from the early 90's...credit? If so, what are we talking? $10, $20, ???

If it doesn't have the GPS external antenae I have one to sell ya..............

No way will the 350A take chips. I have two of them on my boat and they are old, I don't know what year...10 years maybe? They are great sonars, great plotters, but the GPS feature is so complicated to work I installed my handheld in the boat to keep waypoints and navigation.

Next year I am upgrading to a new sonar and keeping one 350 on the bow and the other as a back up since you cannot get them repaired.

I believe Lowrance allows a credit towards some of their top quality graphs over $1,000 if you trade the 350 in. I believe it only applies to that model from what I heard.

If you want a chip reading Lowrance, buy new, spend a little more money and get something up-to-date (like the 332C). BTW, beware of the X-15 deals on ebay and such. Those can be outdated and they will not read the premium Navionic chips. They will read other chips, but there are some issues with the some chips. The X-17, X-19, X-20 etc.. are all great units and will accept all chips.

Hemlock: I also own a 350A and love it, but I have never used anything else either. Three years ago I had a problem with the 350A and Lowrance repaired it and also updated it to the latest engineering change to the unit. They did tell me that within a few months they would not be repairing them anymore and would give me a deal on a 332C. if you can get the unit at a decent price it would be worth the money. $175.00 max. Good Luck.

Hemlock

If the GPS antenna is rectangular, it's at least 8 years old. If the antenna is round, it's between 5 and 8 years old. The rectangular one is a five channel and the round one is the twelve channel reciever.

The sonars today blow the 350A out of the water though. I ran my X-15 next to the 350A, and was amazed at what the X-15 picked up that the 350A didn't register. Now the X-15 is almost outdated. For $300 you would be better off looking at something else.

so since my antena is rectangular which means it is a 5 channel, I should junk it then? if so, let me know and out it goes. the boat only came with the antena and I have a diffferent locator now