• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Horseshoe Chain questions

I am going to be up on the Horseshoe chain this weekend. Is it worth the time to fish it?

Any lakes in the chain that are better than others. Which species have the best populations. I am assuming it is better Bass/Panfish water than Walleye and Pike. Any Smallies to speak of.

Water color, green, brown, or clear

Any insight would be greatly appreciatted

Most of the smallies I've caught on the chain have been small with the exception of very early season. Wish I knew where the big ones go when it warms up. You will catch largemouth if you fish typical shallow cover-docks, wood, pads etc. The catfish are going crazy right now, I couldn't keep them off of shallow running crankbaits while bass fishing this past week! I also saw some kids catching really nice sunfish off a dock in cedar island and guys were catching crappies near some of the bridges. I would say it's definitely worth your time to give it a try.