• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Eagle Lake

carverfshrmn

What is the scoop on this lake, why is it so green, how is the fishing?

I fish this lake fairly often. It is so warm probably because it has little if no water coming in, it is quite shallow, max at 14.5 feet now. I spose it is as green as it is because of farm run off. There is a cattle pen type deal on the north east side of lake that butts right up to the edge of the lake. ? Can't be too good for the H2O quality. I'll tell you though. I have caught a few trophy size Bass out of there (18.5 - 20 inch)as well as a 28.75 in 8 + lb State fish. There is also Muskie (tiger) in there in very low #'s. I have seen a 37 incher caught there. In the last few years very few Northern though. Pretty good size panfish (crappies especially) Not a hard lake to figure out. Bowl shaped and shallow. It is very hit or miss though. There are definately better lakes in the area. This one is just in my back yard is all.

I have fished this lake a few times this summer, most recently last week. I have had limited luck with panfish and bass, a few though. I've targeted the Tigers 3 or 4 times this year, boated a thick 36" in June on the first trip out there, I haven't seen a fish since. Last week when I saw the water clarity problem I decided to hang it up for the year. This lake is definitly an early season fishery for me, I won't fish it past mid July any more.

Thanks for the heads up. Is there any other good lakes near by? Like to fish Eye's and Bass and crappies mostly. grin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I live just a mile away from Eagle and fish it every once in awhile. It can be real tough for consistent fishing - but you can get some nice bass out of the lake as well as Northern. I have never caught a Muskie as of yet - but I have seen MANY large fish - and I am sure one I saw this Summer was pushing 50 for certain. I was drifting in 5 feet of water and looked down and the Muskie was just slowly swimming by the side of my boat - I watched it closely for about 30 yards or so until it outswam the slow drift of my boat. Very thick and probably one of the biggest Skis I have seen.

I heard there are a few nice Tiger ski's in Eagle(carver co.) though. Never caught one my self but last summer took my neigbors kid out and he boated a 36 incher while casting a five of dimonds spoon... He thought it was a northern. good times, good times...