• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey there just wondering if anybodies been out on superior recently and feels like giving a report, please do. Me and my family are going out on sunday and we're agetting pretty antsy, and info would be appriciated.

Hit the pond last Friday evening and all day last Sunday. Friday had great action in 80 to 120 FOW off Duluth entry out to WI line. Put two nice walleyes in the box that were both caught on a fire tiger shad rap out 175' on a flatline right on top of the Wilson wreck, a 20" coho that came 40' down in 115 FOW on a yellow/black spoon, and a 21" laker that came on a blue white herring dodger acme spoon that was on a slider rig. Lost one nice coho and a real nice laker at the boat (my 6 yr old is still learning the ropes on the whole netting thing) and had a nice king take 4 runs on me with a real nice aerial show before he broke the line off in the port downrigger cable. Sunday we went out to 140 FOW off the pump station and again had a nice king break the line after two jumps and run into the lower unit on the boat. Lost another 3 lakers due to netting or the spoon pulling out at the boat. Put three lakers in the box 34", 26", and a 20". All came on a green/prism NK spoon set at 50' over 120 FOW. Surface temps were between 65 and 61 and we were running between 2.0 and 2.8 mph.

Last week about thursday the lake started turning over. Then fishing got tough. Now the last 3 days of hard east wind has put some warmer water back here on top and the fish have moved back down. Fishing was pretty good today. Wind forecast doesnt look good though. Good luck out there.

Guys if your looking for a current fishing report you can always check my site. I try to update it about once a week.

I WAS OUT LAST SATURDAY, VERY EARLY AM. TWO HARBORS N.E FISHED THE THREE MILE BANK AND THE HOE'S WHERE BITING.

THE MOUTH OF THE STUART IS WHERE THE FISH SEEM TO BE.

THAT'S AROUND 1/2 MILE EAST OF THE TRIB.

HERE'S A HINT. FLASHER ( PEARLE ) HOWIE GLOW FLIES GREEN BEAD, 45' OUT VARRY THE DEPTH. USED CARLSON FLUTTER GLOW SPOONS AS TEASERS ON THE TOP OF THE STACK AND PICKED UP A FEW. TROLL SPEED WAS 2.5 - 2.8

ONLY REAL THING TO REMEMBER IS THAT THE WATER IS YOUR STRUCTURE NOT THE BOTTOM. THE SILVERS WHERE SUSSPENDED AT 35' TO 40' GOOD LUCK , SEE YOU ON THE H20.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Kettle
    • Leroyboyisthatu
      Was out the last 2 days. Saw some Crappies caught in warmer bays. Not much action outside the mouths of bays today. Hoping it picks up this week. Trying to learn this lake over the summer.
    • Rick G
      The creek is still very high and dirty. Prespawn smallies don't seem to mind😁 Morning bite has been very consistent this last week.
    • MikeG3Boat
      Any new reports from this past weekend?  Heading up Thursday for a long Memorial Day weekend. Looking for a place to start. Going out of Bayview RV resort. First year fishing vermilion. 
    • CigarGuy
      Looks like your neighbors old pontoon is in some trouble, only a couple inches of the motor is above the water.  
    • Mtnman
      Nice fish, but sad for the property owners.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  A great week of walleye fishing with good numbers of fish and some big walleyes and pike caught as well. Most anglers are finding walleyes vertical jigging.  A jig and emerald shiner or fathead did the trick.  With the naturally "stained" waters of LOW, gold, glow, pink, orange, chartreuse or a combo of these colors works well. Some anglers catching good numbers of walleyes trolling crankbaits over shallow sand, 5 - 12' of water.  Regardless of what technique, a lot of good fish on shallow sand this week. Walleyes are being caught in 3 - 31 feet of water.  Some walleyes are still spawning while others are well past that point.  Different things are happening depending upon what part of the lake, bay or river you are fishing.  A mixed bag for walleye anglers including walleyes, sauger, pike, perch, and sturgeon.   On the Rainy River...   The river has a lot of current with the dam wide open and high water levels.    Typical spots in the main channel are still tough to fish due to high current.  Finding current breaks adjacent to shorelines or the mouth of bays has been productive for those fishing the river.  Once you find fish, there are normally good numbers. Sturgeon fishing is closed until July 1st.  July 1 - Sep 30 is a sturgeon keep season with one fish per calendar year 45" - 50" or over 75". Up at the NW Angle...  A great jig continues.  Fish are being found in various depths from 5' -  30'.  Shoreline structure, neckdown areas and on some shallow flats are producing fish. Again, a jig and minnow was by far the most common method vertically jigged below the boat.  Trolling crankbaits over 5' - 12' over shallow flats or sand has been productive. Various ways to travel to the Angle. 1.  Drive through Canada to the Angle  (must be vaccinated, no covid test required) 2.  LOW Passenger Service (charter boat service across the lake avoiding customs)  3.  Lake Country Air.(fly from various Midwest locations to LOW and NW Angle) 4.  Take your own boat.  (Safety first, this is a 40 mile ride over big water)  
    • Shulsebus
      We will be up for our yearly trip June 4-11.  Just seeing if it's the usual baits so far fishing.  Anyone bobber fishing?  Lindy rig?  I'm assuming the water is told cold at this point for Leeches. Thank fellas. 
    • Better Than Working!
      I spent last week on Kabetogama and the conditions are hard to believe. Water keeps rising. The forecast was for another foot rise. We stay at Northern Lights Resort and they went over and above for the guests. Built bridges to the floating docks! Fishing was amazing! Hard to catch small enough fish to keep! People up there are battling to protect and save what they can. 
    • Mtnman
      I'm not getting any good reports on the lake conditions there. Friends on Ash River have water in their cabin. Hope all losses are at a minimum.🙏

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.