• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing anyone? Sunday 8-21 afternoon/evening

I'd like to hit the waters this Sunday. I will be available around 2-3:00 or so and can fish until dark. I'm game for anything. I'd like to stir up the trout waters, but I am an amateur and don't know much about all that. If somebody would like to show me the ropes.. Let me know if Sunday works.

I would be game to take my boat to the backwaters or to Lake Zumbro (or wherever) as well. Both have been great trips the past few times. I would lean towards targeting pannies and maybe give the bass a try. Again, I am open to suggestions.

If your available for fishing in general, let me know. Reply with a post or email. [email protected]

Holmer,

You know if I was around I'd be on that invitation like a hungry dog on a milk bone. But, since I'm not we'll just have to wait until the big tourney weekend in Aberdeen.

Dave

I am game for some fishing Sunday afternoon. It looks like we might get rained out tonight. I will send you some mail..

I thought I would post a quick update on how we did.

The fishing was slow. We were primarily pan fishing. The fish seemed to be scattered and it seemed we could only catch 1-2 fish per spot. I wonder if we were just catching the aggressive fish, but doing something that discouraged the remaining fish. We tried many types and colors of scented plastics including twister tails and Exude mini-shads. We even gave the old fashion worm on a hook under a bobber a try, but very little action.

I'm not saying we got skunked, but didn't see the numbers or size as some before us did (Matt & Tom). We were out for about 4 hours and boated about 20 fish. About 8 sunnies, 8 crappie, 2 largemouths, and 2 perch. A couple of those were decent, but overall they catch was small. Everything was returned to be caught another day.

The topwater action in that area was not happening. I threw the bait a few different times, but nothing. I noticed there were very few top water swirls period. Basically there were no fish surfacing at all. I didn’t try anything else for those big largies. I probably should have put on some sort of spinner or sinking bait and given that a whirl, but I didn’t.