• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

vermillion river (dakota co.)

I'm gonna start fishing the vermillion in farmington and was wondering what this little river has to offer. Any advice on where public fishing spots are located, what species can be caught, how deep.... would be appreciated.

good luck and good fishin'

fishgutz

from what i know the only puplic access is at the park in farmington. it is a designated trout stream so you will need a trout stamp, it has browns rainbowsand i have heard of a couple guys catching northerns in there also some pan fish they come up from the mississippi, there is probibly more knowlageable people in the trout section of the forum.

When i used to live in farmington, we caught trout and a few hammer handle northens in the spring. This time of year it was all trout. Usually nothing real big but the kids and I had a lot of fun.

Just as an FYI, of all of the property owners I ever spoke to never had a problem with me crossing their land to get to the river - but it always involved walking in. One old farmer even went with us and showed us few of his holes. He was in his mid 80s then and I think he has passed away frown.gif (this was 10 years ago or so), but that was one of the best Vermillion River trips we ever went on. smile.gif