• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Florida/Andrew

If you want to fight joyriders and skiers you should catch something, manly sunfish. hit the humps for panfish either lake, or 10-12ft weeds.

There's no fish in Kandiyohi County....STAY AWAY!!!

Just kidding wink.gif

I, myself, haven't been out in about a month. I have no idea anymore where they are biting. I been caught up in the basement with all the remodeling and such. Just finished texturing the walls and ceilings and painting them. Looks real good...kinda suprized I did such a good job grin.gif

Hey, you know anything about laying tiles? Thats my next step to learn....maybe you could give a hand tongue.gif

I agree with you leech, it's to hot to sit out on the lake in sun only to catch panfish and buzzed but jet-skier and tubers. Game fair in anoka is going on this weekend. Thats always a good time. hunting is less than 30 days away. unless you count shooting the sky carp.(geese)

Hey dude whats up!! Ah yes the life of the married man doing the honey do list. Your supposed save the projects for the winter and enjoy your summer, but I feel your pain. No I've never laid tiles before but I don't think it's that hard, search the web you can usually find do it yourself help, if not give me a call I'll come help, I think we could probably figure it out. And whats wrong with catching panfish at least your outside enjoying the water and away from the wife, work you know what I mean and hey ya just never no what else might swim along. Besides the river you could basically walk across with out getting your head wet, so hey get out and enjoy the weather with the kids while you still can. Ya never know when that first snowflake will come it Minnesoat ya know. See ya!!

You may get some pike if you try trolling really fast.

4 to 6 mph. you will not catch may but the fish you get a

nice.

was out on florida last night from 11:00 till 2:30 this morning, no walleyes, but one nice pike. was quite suprised when we caught some sunfish out deep fishing for walleyes. Other than that I would have to say it has been real slow. Any other reports would be great.

Is lake Andrew in Sibley State Park? If so, then I will be out there a bit this week camping with the family. I hope to get my kids on some fish and maybe hit Green for Smallies one day.

Let me know what I can expect,

Corey Bechtold

Andrew is in Sibley. Sorry about the late reply...you are probably already there or are already back. Fish Green's rock bars and points, you should be able to find some smallies there.

partimer2, I know a spot by St. Cloud where you and the kids can go to catch some rainbow trout if you want. I was there yesterday with my cousin and Noah and caught a few decent ones. Lots of wooded trails and a swimming area to with lots of good scenery wink.gif to keep you busy too.

Hey Leech, sounds like you had a good time. Did you go camping?? I never did make to your neck of the woods this last weekend. Rhylee wasn't in the mood to fish and ya know me I would rather spend time with the girls instead of by myself so we went golfing instead. Thats the first time she's turned me down. Hopefully with this cooler weather the fishing should be getting better in a couple of weeks. Did you get your tiling done?? See Ya.

I leave tomorrow for Andrew and hope to find some Panfish for the kids. Hopefully I can sneak over to Green to try the Smallie fishing. Thanks for the tips LEECH21. I'll give a report when I return.

Corey Bechtold

No, I wasn't camping. It is in Quarry Park, near St. Cloud. It is like a 450 acre nature preserve that has about 20 old quarries in it that are filled with water now. The DNR stocks trout in some of the quarries. You only have to pay 4 bucks for parking. We were there from about 1pm till about 6pm on Monday. Pretty cool place to hang out for the day.

No, I didn't even start my tiling. I still have to buy like 150 dollars worth of stuff before I start. Plus, I still need to study up on it a little bit more.

Anyone in the Willmar area know how to tile and willing to spare a day? grin.gif

Tile is not too bad to put down, just make sure you borrow or rent a good tile cutter if you have a lot of things to go around. I have done a couple bathrooms and they turned out pretty good. Let me know if you have any other questions, I am in Willmar once or twice a week.... Later

Hey thanks James!

I'm sure I'll have many questions that'll come up as I'm doing it. I think on Sunday I'm going to put down the floor leveler to make it all nice and smooth. I'll start laying the floor maybe on Monday. The hard part will be the walls around the drop-in whirlpool tub confused.gif The trim I bought to go around that is going to be a pain frown.gif

Or maybe I'll skip tiling and go fishing instead grin.gif

Leech, Where these quarries located around St.Cloud? Are they hard to walk into? What did you use for bait?

Jim, the quarries are located not far from Menard's in Waite Park.

The directions given are:

Take State HWY 23 to 10th Ave S in Waite Park. Take 10th Ave S to 7th St S. Turn W (right) onto 7th St (becomes County Rd 137). Park entrence is 0.7 miles on South side of road.

You have to pay 4 dollars for parking and thats it. You also have to walk about a quarter of a mile to the nearest quarry with trout in it...so pack light.

I was using a small fuzzy grub tipped with a piece of crawler and caught three rainbows in a short period. You can also spot fish swimming below the surface and cast to them.

Oh yea, I saw your truck and boat in Willmar on Thursday I think....parked at Super America.

Have fun, and Good Luck!