• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tonka 8/15

markkstanley

One of my sons wanted to go catch something and given our luck lately he decided we were going to soak suckers. Worth a shot. AFter trying several spots with no luck we ended up heading for a small shallow cove that somehow remains relatively milfoil free all summer. Figuring some bass are likely holding in there my son opted for stealth and used 10lb mono no leader. Bad mistake. 50" class musky grabbed the sucker and danced around a bit before breaking off. Also saw another good sized musky nosing around. This cove has a max depth of 6ft and we see muskies in it in the spring but never in summer. Usually full of bass but we didn't catch any. I'm guessing the bass were too busy trying not to become dinner. Hmmm maybe a nice 12 inch bass colored lure is in order...

Tonka 8/16

Got there around 8 and fished until 1:30. Didnt get a single follow or catch a single northern all day. The only action came at 9:30 and was a 40inch muskie that my passenger hooked and caught boatside. First legal muskie in the boat this year.

Mark- too bad on the lost fish. At least you know where your fishing next time wink.gif

Trevor

Was out last night - one slimer, one 4lb bass (it happens) and I lost a decent fish after a short battle. It was shaking it's head like a kid looking at a plate of brussels sprouts and eventually came unbuttoned. White and white/black spinnerbaits were the producing colors. Didn't go back to my little cove. That's going to happen tonight.

No walleyes in a 90 minute stint in Wayzata last night at about 9. Much marko all the way out to 35', coupla taps, nothing else. Nice cloud watching. Beat watching reality tv.

ice

Heard second hand of a decent walleye bite around Fergusons point. give her a go Ice. Leeches 15 to 18ft weedline.