• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Grand Rapids Winnie fishing report 8-15-05

The fish on Winnie are on the move. No more going out to the humps and just catching fish. The bigger bars on the south end seem to be where the fish are in the shallower water 14-19 ft. Long line lindys in the 6-10ft snells seem to be the ticket. Trolling with shad raps in the 7-12 ft are also working, Along the west shore. The jig and minnow is also back working in the rocks off the shore and in the weeds. Lots of options for fishing right now and the key is to be versatile.

The other area lakes are doing the same with the jig and minnow really starting to out produce most other presentations. Pokie is still going strong on the Northern Bass and walleye on the deep weed edges. Sand and Bowstring the same. The Sunnies seem to have gone on a feeding binge in some of our area lakes also with the deep weed edges being the key holders of fish, with a small jig and a leech. Lots of different action on different lakes going on now.

Good luck fishing

Jason Boser

Fishing Fever Guide Service

[email protected]

Fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/

Mnfishingpros.com

Jason Im coming up to Bowstring on the 31st. Can you send me some info on things up that way? What are you up to the 1st and 2nd? Maybe we can hook up and hit Winni or wherever? [email protected]

Hey Steve,

I'm on nights this Tues-Fri with the weekend off. My oldest has hunters safety on the weekend though. Are you gonna be around the first part of next week? I'm planning on hitting Winnie this Tuesday am and will PM ya' with hopefully some good info. It sounds like Bowstring has been consistent and they're mainly getting fish in the weeds from what I've been hearing.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

BMC Im coming up tomorrow about noon and fishing Bowstring for a half day with a kid I used to work with. If you or Jason have time to fish I will stay for a day or 2. If not I will drive back home. E-mail me at [email protected] and we can discuss a possible plan.