• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

question on early season antlerless hunt

USPENAMC

i was wondering are wma's in the listed areas for early season antlerless hunting also part of this or only private land. cause i found me a place but will it be a good place i dont know

You just have to check the map and make sure that the WMA that you want to hunt is open for deer hunting and is within the areas open to the early antlerless season. It is open to any land within that area, public and private alike.

thanks very much now to my next question ha ha,

do i need to buy antlerless permit for lets say for example area 224 is on the oct 15,16 antlerless so if i buy antlerless tags for this area 225 does my regular license have to be for the same area or in the regular november hunt can i get a license for a different area. if so ill just buy a multizone buck license so i can hunt different areas. because the antlerless area is not the area i plan to hunt on my normal november hunt.

thanks,

dave

The antlerless hunt is completely seperate from your Novemeber license.

Also, I don't know if it was a mistake, but 224 is not in the antlerless hunt.

If you are buying your licenses all at once, you will buy one license for the november hunt just like every other year, but then you ask for a license to hunt the antlerless hunt in October. This is totally seperate tag and is only good for the 2 day hunt.

cool yeah 224 is not on the antlerless list i just listed whatever came to my head lol sounds good to me i found a place actually just by research havent even been there until the hunt what the heck i figure i spend 28 dollars to buy the licenses if i show up and it doesnt work out what the heck at least i drove and tried it and at least ill have some time for myself to sit and do nothing

Actually the antlerless seasopn only costs $14. The permits are half price and you can take 2 deer with 2 permits. You hunt for $14 you can take 2 deer for $28.

If you don't mind me asking USPENAMC, are you going to be hunting with anybody? I'd really like to do this hunt but I don't know where to go. I know I need to get out and scout too but I've been consumed with training on my bow to be good at that.

Maybe if you want to scout up there sometime and you want some company let me know. Remeber, I live in Eden Prairie too and gas is cheaper split between 2 people. wink.gif

Me and my dad but give me your personal email so i can send some info on the place im looking at see what we come up with. like i said i have only done the online and paper research i just plan on maybe showing up on that day and maybe there will be a million people and maybe no one maybe there will be lots of deer maybe none. but its worth it at least i can be out in the wilderness if nothing else ill probably get a good sleep out in the middle of no where

powerstroke,

have you ever tried to hunt the minnesota valley river area all that area is open to deer and turkey hunting for archery and there is one area open for slug hunting and if so how did you do and what did you find i know i found lots of signs last year in those areas of deer didnt hunt it since i chose to go up north. but i bet there is alot of deer in that area. So how do you like being a firefighter hows the pay .. how is the hiring any openings je je je

My email is ahamilton (at) mn (dot) rr (dot) com

I have never hunted in the MVNWR, but I've spent time in there. This my first year bow hunting and otherwise I would never go there during gun hunting. There are too many (Contact US Regarding This Word) from the city. Its like being in Carlos Avery if you know what I mean. I would like to bird hunt around there though.

ill send you an email and give you some info on some places i have found and researched. see what we come up with.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.