• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

200 acres located in NE MN 6 miles West of Cook. Situated on the Little Fork river this property has excellent fishing, Dear, Bear, ruffed and sharptail grouse, and Duck hunting. It is easily accessible from State HWY 1 and State HWY 73. The property has roughly 75 acres which is currently being farmed and 125 acres of forest/lowland. Three smaller fields (3-5 Acres) located back in the woods provide excellent locations for hunting deer and Bear. There is a rapids on the property which provides excellent walleye, northern, and panfish fishing. There is a good population of ducks and geese in the fall as well. There is housing, storage and utilities available. $15/A on a yearly basis. A Longer term lease can be negotiated if you or your group so choose. If interested Call Jim Enzmann at 218-666-5564 in the evening after 9:00 PM or drop me a note at [email protected] and I will try to answer your questions and get you in touch with Jim. Don't miss out on this excellent opportunity to have a place of your own in the Great North Woods. Other services such as wildlife food plot establishment and management are available.

albeplace48aj.jpg

albephoto7gd.jpg

how long is the drive to that area from minneapolis?

will you be dividing it up or does it have to be all or nothing kind of deal.

oh yea and what hunting area is it in and is it management, intensive harvest

It is about a 3.5 hour drive depending on traffic. The land is located in area 175 which is a lottery area however I don't know why there are more dear around than you can shake a stick at. The farm is located 1.5 miles south of area 107 which is a management area. You will have to give Jim a call on dividing up the lease. You can reach him after 9:00 PM at 218-666-5564. He can be tough to get a hold of and he is anti tech. (no answering machine) so let it ring quite a while and if you don't get him try again later in the evening.

I'm also interested in knowing if he would seperate. IMO $15/acre is kind high for 200 acres, I suppose I would have to go look at it in person to know.

I'll check with the people I would go in on a lease with.

lottery darn it that means being this late no does lol. i would have to stare at more does than i have seen in my life time to be able to find that buck trigger finger dont squeezee to mucccchhh temptation agggggghhhhhhhhh

I don't think you will have any trouble getting a permit. There are quite a few available for 175. I could be mistaken but I believe the lottery date is not till the first part of Sept. As far as taking a look at the propery you are welcome anytime just get a hold of Jim so he can show you around.

Sept 8th is the deadline for lottery application.

I hunt an area not too far from this one and let me tell you, there certainly is no shortage of deer in the area. Big bucks too, so not having a doe permit does have its advantages. Now if I could only capatilize on that advantage...

This is a great opportunity for an individual or group to setup a great year around hunting/recreation area. No need to worry about your spot being taken by another. It may cost a little more than what Potlatch land will but this is easily accessed and it holds a large deer and bear population with the field crops which are planted every year (Oats, Alfalfa, Clover). Other crops can be planted if you or your group would like such as Winter Wheat, Canola (rape), Sunflowers. Jim would like to have this property leased out soon so give him a call now if you are interested, 218-666-5564 after 9:00 PM. Jim farms and generally does not get in until that time. He does not have an answering machine so if you do not reach him be patient and try again later.

If I can answer any of your questions let me know or if you want to email me your phone number I will have Jim give you a call.

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

Would he be willing to let someone rent the land for a couple weekends a year just for hunting or is he looking just for someone to lease it for a whole year? Just looking for a new hunting spot this year because where we usually hunt there is too many people now.

sunkinboat

I can't say for sure but call him up and let him know what you are thinking. It is a nice area for hunting and being close to some great lakes (vermilion, pelican, East side of the BWCA as well as some of the best trails in MN for sledding and ATV’s you may just want to park a trailer there and take advantage of the location year around. Jim's number is 218-666-5564. Try him later in the evening and if it is busy or he does not answer try him again that later around 10 PM.

Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

I can attest to this land. Prime Grade A grin.gif

Deer up the wazoo!

I used to drive around there in the evening and see how many I could count. Sometimes into triple digits shocked.gif

• 2 weeks later...

sounds like it would be an awesome place to get a good buck on opening weekend

There are lots of deer around and if your patient enough to sort through the little bucks you have an excellent opportunity to get a real trophy.