• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Back Waters even more

Me and Crappie Tom headed to the Back Waters today. Tom ended up with 10 bass one northern all caught on topwater. I caught 5 bass 1 was a nice small mouth and a sunny. I caught most of the fish on topwater including the sunnie. The others on a rat-l-trap. I had a blast thanks for taking me Tom.

Alex....it was a blast! We'll do it a again sometime. The Skitterpops in Firetiger wre the ticket for most of the fish I landed. A bass broke me off and got one and a northern of about 6 pounds really drilled me and broke off right at shore. That northern cleared the water at the hit by more than its own length! Alex had one tear him the same way. They are awesome to witness when the hits are like that.

No huge bass today, but fair numbers In addition to those landed I had about 5 or 6 really huge boils along with several double passes/misses.

All of my fish came to the topwaters as Alex stated, but I did try some plastic early on and had no go with it.

We did have a great time and again, Alex, thanks for the company and we will do this again- hopefully soon.

Well it looks like you two had a great day at the backwaters. way to go guys. Lot of fish nowadays sure are hitting on topwater lures. Well hopefully see ya guys on the water somewhere soon.

EJ

Work is the time wasted between fishing

Sounds like a splendid time. I'm looking forward to the big boil...hookset myself. Glad to hear it was a successful trip. Its always nice to throw in a bit of mixed bag fish.

Wonder what it takes to land one of those big piggies? Think they are looking for a little different presentation, color, lure, time of day?

Great fishing

i couldn't stand reading that tom and young gun have been having such a great time , so i went to a pond/pit near me last night. no northern, but 4 bass,two gils and 6 crappies in about an hour and a half.( then the rain came back!) most fish were caught on a 2" char. twister tail. grin.gif

CT, Without divulging exactly where, can you give me an idea of the area in those pics from the first backwater thread?

RB....

Near the dike road.

I went down for a couple hours this AM and got hit good again. I had one northern....by far the largest I've seen thus far at this spot... hit and come completely out of the water by four feet. That's four feet UNDER the tail! It shook itself free of the hooks before hitting the water again. I really don't care what kind of fish it is, but when they are that aggresive it make persuing them a riot.