• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Still cant get under the bridge going to le homme du and get to favorite walleye spot, so any hints how to catch them on geneva would be helpful. Going to be up wed thru the weekend and hitting it hard.

WHY DON'T YOU JUST LOAD YOUR BOAT UP AND LAND IT IN LE HOMME DU?

Trying to save money and drive the car up that gets almost 40 mpg than the truck that gets almost 11 mpg.

is the first bridge giving you trouble?...last time through i notice the water was down about 3-4 inches...i've got 6-7 inch clearance over the windshield on my bayliner capri....

geneva walleyes tend to turn on in cooler water...think fall. i've been meaning to look at some of the deep basins there. maybe draggin a leech or crawler deep...28-35 feet...on either side of the bar that comes out from the channel to victoria...the bar tops at 25 foot or so...maybe try trolling along that.

other advice is to look to the weeds...think like a bass fisherman and rig a weedless leech and drag it along the thicker cabbage, or over the top even.

crankbaits would be an option too, and might result in a few nice pike.

you should be able to get through to victoria, and try there for some eyes on the steep breaklines.

good luck and good fishing

Yeah I tried last weekend and still 1" or so short. Thanks for the info and suggestions. Going to hit it hard and hopefully I get into a few of them.

WOW! That must be one heck of a boat to not make it. I had no problems with my tall boat/windshields. I saw a couple large full windshield Lunds and Alumacrafts made it through without issues also. Victoria and into Le Homme Dieu.

I've seen guys pull the plug to sink their boats enough to make it under bridges before... grin.gif

Good luck

01 1750 crestliner with full windsheild. Tryed and just doesn't fit. I will try again tonight when i get up there.

fishin...i usually have the whole family on board...if your in that 1750 solo...you made need to take on a bit of ballast if your still to tight to clear the geneva bridge...

I did make it, but with a few new scrapes on the top of the windsheild. Thanks for the replys.