• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

UPL "Ultimate Panfish League" partner wanted

Check out the link in the panfish section. Mark Stanley, Tonka Boy, Buzzsaw, or anyone else want to partner up with me for some fun/competative panfishing? I am pretty new to fishing panfish, per se, but want to get involved in this league!

It's something I'll be getting into more this year, that's for sure. I still gotta pay Tonka Boy for the portable I have in my basement, buy an auger, then I should be good to go. Are you around this weekend? Maybe we could head out and do some fishing, eh? Muskies, pannies, or whatever.

Now people are recruiting for the UPL smile.gif If anyone has any questions about the league drop me an e-mail and let me know. It should be a lot of fun!

www.UltimatePanfish.com

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Calvinist, be happy to team up for the Saturday events but I can't do Sundays. Maybe Tonka Boy can do the Sundays?

The events will most likely be on Sundays. I figured that would allow people to pre-fish on the Saturday before if they choose to...

Sorry Mark, I would love to have you at the events. You'll have to join us for pre-fishing for all the events. Or maybe we'll shoot for a Saturday event or two...

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Quote:

It's something I'll be getting into more this year, that's for sure. I still gotta pay Tonka Boy for the portable I have in my basement, buy an auger, then I should be good to go. Are you around this weekend? Maybe we could head out and do some fishing, eh? Muskies, pannies, or whatever.

I have to help my girlfriend's roommate move on Sunday evening, but Saturday is open...love to do some fishing with you.

I'm seriously thinking of fishing the hardwater events for the UPL. I've got to pull out the calender and see how things are going to shape up. If this winter is anything like last winter, I'll have every weekend of the winter planned out by the time Christmas rolls around.

Partner has to like augering holes. grin.gif

4 spots are filled so far for Season 1...

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Open mouth insert foot! shocked.gif I didn't realize most events would be held on sunday. I still want to attend events if they are held on saturday, and maybe a sunday event or two. Sadly I cannot commit to a whole year if the events are on sundays. Sorry! Matt, you should consider doing half on saturdays and half on sundays. Those fishing the league can always pre-fish the week or so prior to the event. Anyway, my 2 cents. I'll advertise if an event comes up I want to attend. It is a cool league nonetheless.

Carp-Fisher Ben!

I think saturday will work. Either morning or evening. Any idea what species you want to pursue or lake you want to fish? I'm open to ideas.

The Linwood event was already scheduled for a Saturday, and I now switched the Rush event to a Saturday as well. So now there are two Saturday events and two Sunday events...

What's on the site now will most likely be the final schedule unless some unforeseen circumstance arises.

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

That's cool. If any spots are open come october 1st, you can count me in!

I have all the stuff but don't have a truck (I borrow my brothers)... If my partner falls through (no pun intended) I will be open for a few events...

I DON'T have a boat for the open water season!

• 4 weeks later...

My partner is interested so I won't need someone for most of the events. We can't do all the evnts but should be there for most of them. \

Scott P

• 2 weeks later...

Matt J,

I was wondering if you have any information yet for this years I.C.E Series event. If you could give me a shot back, that would be great!

The IceLeader ICE Series events are in the process of being finalized. We will have the dates and locations set in the next week or so, if not sooner...

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Wallace-

I was in negotiations with Bechtold but we're still kind of iffy on it. grin.gif There are a couple event dates that are looking questionable for me right so I don't know if I could do the whole winter season.

-The Dec. 31 event isn't looking good. I'll probably be at Red over New Years. But now that I'm looking at it, the UPL weigh-in is at 2pm. A guy could always run up to Red after that and take Mon. off. Probably need Mon. off from work anyway.

-The Jan. 29 event isn't looking good either. Matt, isn't that the Sun. after Burntside Bash?? Yeah, I know. Its Medicine Lake and 4 blocks from my place. grin.gif But thats along drive from Ely to Plymouth!! grin.gif

I should be in for most of the ice events if not the spring / summer also...

Won't be able to make the 12/31 event as I will be in Ireland on our Honeymoon... When it is 2:pm here I will be in a pup somewhere starting our New Years celebration as it will be 8pm there.