• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone having any luck fishing muskies on French? I'm having a @%#* of a time even finding them since the weeds died. Had lots of follows until then. Now I cant find a weed in the whole lake.

HAVENT FISHED MUSKIES AT FRENCH IN A COUPLE OF YEARS BUT

IF THE WEEDS HAVE DROPPED AND WATER IS GREEN PULL OUT A WHITE BUCKTAIL WITH A WHITE BLADE AND FISH THE BARS .

ALSO A PERCH GRANDMA 6" CRANKBAIT WAS EXTREMELY HOT & DON'T

THINK THAT A JAKES CRANKBAIT IS THE SAME BECAUSE THERE NOT ? HAVE YOU THROWN ANT TOPWATER BAITS ?

They were pretty active a couple of weeks ago during that really hot stretch. I was over there a couple of times, first night we worked the bars & my son hooked a beauty (40" +) fought it for awhile, saw it twice then got off when it got directly under the boat. 2nd time out only got to see one but would have nothing to do with anything. I've heard the action has tapered off. I'm going to wait until September, it's usually a good month for them. Good Luck! L2f

Ive thrown topwaters, cranks, bucktails, you name it i've tried it. I suppose the deeper sides of the bars would be a good place too? Im surprised the fish can see anything in that water. You would think that you would have to hit them in the head with the lure for them to see it. Also last year I caught a couple on topraiders.