• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Aug 3 Minnetonka

markkstanley

Finally. 40" CPRed. Speed trolling a spinnerbait on the weed edge at dusk. Also caught a couple of mid 30s northerns.

Musky.jpg

Good to see a keeper sklunge come out of Tonka. Time to dust off the gear and hit it! Good one Mark!

So there are Ski's in there. I thought it was a myth - LOL Nice catch! Tonka boy will be jealous when he sees this!!

Great job Mark. I know you have been putting in your time and hard work. Glad to see it pay off. Now go out there and get another.

Andy

Caught the fish about 10yds from where you caught yours Andy. I typically don't speed troll in August but after 2 hours of casting I wanted to see if speed made a difference. Took all of 2 minutes before fish was on. Northerns came later and we had another fish come off. We never got a chance to see it but the rod was bending pretty good.

Hmmm, not certain by anymeans but is that Casco point in the background? It's too blurry for me to see. Just kidding, you don't need to say. grin.gif

Could be. The area is no secret to the musky crowd. It's one of my favorite trolling runs.

Congrats Mark! Do you think it'll hold up for the pink Barbie prize? grin.gif

It just goes to show you that time on the water does pay off! I'll bring this one guy I know fishing from time to time for Muskies and he has NEVER caught one. It has been years and he has yet to catch one!! I sorta feel bad for the guy, but I always tell him... "you have to put in your time on the water and eventually you'll get one" I think he has the curse personally, but I'm sure he will keep trying.