• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone ever wet a line in Nine Mile Creek? I'm not sure where it originates, where it ends, or if it goes through any lakes, but it seems like no matter where I go in the South metro I end up crossing it at some point. Some places it looks like a stagnant mess, some spots it looks pretty nice. Just curious what lies beneath.

• 2 weeks later...

I have fished some places of it. There are a couple spots in the spring that can hold some surprises for those who

find them. Normandale lake's waterfalls add some oxygen

to the waterway below the falls. There are also a couple spots near the college that also hold fish. Normandale lake can kick out some nice panfish, bass, and northern, depending on the winter-kill (very shallow lake). Smetana lake out in Eden Prairie also has a set of water falls that oxygenate the creek system. This lake has had some decent

fishing in the past. There is a small ramp and a fishing

dock that are faily new. From there, the creek heads out

to Bryant lake and anything that is in there, can find its

way into the creek system.

• 2 weeks later...

lunker, 9 mile creek finally dumps into the Minnesota R. in Bloomington. I have only small sunfish in the south of 94Th street to the river. The best fishing i have had is Normandale lake. In summer it is very weed choked, super bass fishing, but can only be accessed by canoe. each year you could catch northerns over 10#.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Bloatlord
      Opener was decent on Saturday and absolutely on fire Sunday. 9 eyes, three over 25 in, one at 28.5. A bunch of largemouths, some crappie and perch and a TON of bullhead. One of those weekends where your hands start to hurt.       
    • harrylynn64
      I'm quite happy since I'm going fishing with a pal for the first time in a long time. We plan to purchase some clothing for it, such as exclusive hoodies.
    • jparrucci
      The majority of docks can't be put it. Water is over the top of pretty much every permanent dock.  Very few docks are in. 
    • cm012419
      Crappies are all up shallow in the south metro. Caught this one shore fishing with a beetle spin from a more secluded lake without much access. All of the crappies were between 7-9 inches with this 11.5" being the exception
    • Wanderer
      A co-worker reported they had some the best fishing ever on V last weekend.  Trolling 6-8 feet in the morning with HJ10’s.  Where the water temps were in the mid/low 50’s
    • PSU
      Those campsites are right across the water from us. Seem pretty well protected and I haven't heard of challenging over there. Holiday weekends they fill up very fast
    • mdogdaddy
      My son camped on Hinsdale with his aluminum runabout. Nice site but walking across the hull parked on uneven ground he separated a couple of the rivets.
    • herm
      Thanks "Skunked Again!" I searched old posts and it sounds like my fiberglass boat might not be the best rig for Hinsdale. Still, would appreciate more advice/input. 
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't know about either of them, but welcome to the forum.
    • SkunkedAgain
      I destroyed my main propeller saving a neighbors dock section from ramming my other neighbor's dock. Definitely watch out for each other out there.   Raven77 - on the plus side of the high water, the floating swim platform that you sold me the other year was able to just float off of the rocks that I had beached it on. No need to do any heavy lifting this season! I'm glad that I tied it to a tree as usual.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.