• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Game Fair

minniwinni91

Yep

I will be presenting my money to the vendors there.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

I love Game Fair! I do almost all of my purchasing for the year there. You can't beat the deals on the last day.

Todd

Anyone know where its located? How much is it to get in? Thanks

Go to google and put in "gamefair".

The third item in the list is the website for Gamefair.

Everything you need to know.

I will definitely be there again this year. My girlfriend and I enjoy watching some of the dog competitions. I am also considering getting a Lab next year and would like to talk with some of the trainers at the Fair. Also, I need to pick up some new duck and goose calls since last deer season our hunting shack burnt down. frown.gif We lost all of our clothing, ammo and accessories not to mention all of the memories with that little shack. But things are looking up. We've replaced most everything including a new shack. I am looking forward to the hunting season and can't wait to start practicing with some new duck and goose calls.

My wife, kids & I will be there again this year.Lots of fun & interesting seminars.The kids love the dock jump event.Maybe we'll bring the Britt next year,to much vinager in the pup yet for this years event.

I will be in the Anoka Cty Pheasants Forever booth for some of the time. If you come by our booth (and you have to as we are not far from the entrance) get out you $1 and buy a ticket on our Benellie SBE. All the proceeds will go to the Build-A-Wildlife Area campaign. If you havent heard of that, Pheasants Forever will be buying a piece of property that will be open to public hunting and managed for wildlife with this program. It doesnt get any more direct, your $1 goes right into the property!

Its at Armstrong Ranch between Anoka and Elk River, about 20 minutes northwest of Minneapolis. Take hyw 10 to Armstrong Road (83) and go north a couple miles. Watch for the sign for Lions parking.

You'll want to park in the lot operated by the local Lions club, pay a few bucks to park. Ride their shuttle bus about a 3/4 mile to the gate. Bring your dog on the bus, its a tradition, and it may be his only chance to ride on a school bus. He'll be right at home with the thousand other dogs that'll be there. Watch where you step.

I think they require a rabbies tag if you are bringing your dog. You may want to call them if you are bringing a dog.

9 bucks for adults.

Really you want to check their web site, you may want to bring your shotgun, or bow or other stuff.

I go every couple years to see whats new, and get the blood pumping for hunting season. Its a riot.

I will be working at the Minnesota Deer Hunters Asso. booth selling raffle tickets. Stop in with $2.00 and enter our drawing, held on 8/21 at the Game Fair. We raffle off 3 guns, Weatherby rifle, Mossberg 935 and a Henry Golden Boy. All profit goes to send kids laugh.gif(our future) to Forkhorn Camp.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Brianf.
      ^^^45 in the morning and 47 in the evening
    • CigarGuy
      👍. What was the water temp in Black Bay? Thanks....
    • Brianf.
      No, that wasn't me.  I drive a 621 Ranger. 
    • CigarGuy
      So, that was you in the camo lund? I'm bummed, I have to head back to the cities tomorrow for a few days, then back up for at least a few weeks. Got the dock in and fired up to get out chasing some crappies till opener!
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Lots of ice on the main basin, but it is definitely deteriorating.  Some anglers have been fishing the open water at the mouth of the Rainy River in front of the Lighthouse Gap.  The rest of the basin is still iced over. Pike enthusiasts caught some big pike earlier last week tip up fishing in pre-spawn areas adjacent to traditional spawning areas.  8 - 14' of water using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring has been the ticket.  Ice fishing for all practical purposes is done for the year. The focus for the basin moving forward will be pike transitioning into back bays to spawn,  This is open water fishing and an opportunity available as the pike season is open year round on Lake of the Woods. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. With both the ice fishing and spring fishing on the Rainy River being so good, many are looking forward to the MN Fishing Opener on Saturday, May 11th.  It should be epic. On the Rainy River...  An absolutely incredible week of walleye and sturgeon fishing on the Rain Rainy River.     Walleye anglers, as a rule, caught good numbers of fish and lots of big fish.  This spring was one for the books.   To follow that up, the sturgeon season is currently underway and although every day can be different, many boats have caught 30 - 40 sturgeon in a day!  We have heard of fish measuring into the low 70 inch range.  Lots in the 60 - 70 inch range as well.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  Open water is continuing to expand in areas with current.  The sight of open water simply is wetting the pallet of those eager for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th.   A few locals were on the ice this week, targeting pike.  Some big slimers were iced along with some muskies as well.  If you like fishing for predators, LOW is healthy!  
    • Brianf.
      Early bird gets the worm some say...   I have it on good authority that this very special angler caught no walleyes or muskies and that any panfish caught were released unharmed.        
    • smurfy
      got mine done........for the cabin.....ready for summer festivities!!!!!!   there was still frost in the ground...........but good gawd are the lakes low!!!!!
    • CigarGuy
      Just 1, 50" muskie🫣
    • SkunkedAgain
      How many walleye were on the stringer on their way out??? 
    • CigarGuy
      Saw the first boat of the year yesterday, heading towards Black Bay 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.