• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikes Training Camp

Born2Fish

Got out there this morning to watch the boys practice. Had some concerns about culpepper who seemed to be walking very gingerly on one of his legs. That was until i watched him sprint at full speed. Bennett is looking very crisp and did some things that really got the crowd cheering. Moore also was looking VERY good this morning. He was makin people miss and breakin some big runs. Edinger was bootin 60+ yarders today also. He is pretty cool to watch with that funky kicking stance. Our defense was looking phenomenal. Chavous laid a hit on Bennett that almost shook the stands! Overall (and i know this is only from one practice) they are looking like a very well rounded team. It was just too bad Williamson wasnt out there to see what he could do.

After the morning practice yesterday all the players were walking a little gingerly. They all looked a little stiff and sore. You are right Moore and Bennett looked sharp and quick.

As far as the defense goes, it was much better than last year at this point. In the 11 on 11 last year the offense was torching them and the defense was constantly being chewed out by the coaches for being out of position. Yesterday, the defense held up very well and was frequently complemented by the coaches for staying in lanes and being in the proper coverage. It may not sound like a big accomplishment but for that D, it is.

Lane assignments were the downfall of the linebackers last year in my opinion, too many times out of postion. That is good news. I can't wait for the season to start..

If anyone is interested, there is a story on espn's page all about the vikings and their defense. Check the must read section in the nfl main page. I guess they are talking about having a top 5 defense in the nfl. If they end up anywhere near top 5 we have a monster shot at the superbowl. But every year the Vikes are picked to win the superbowl it seems and they always come up short (sometimes very short).

Quote:

Lane assignments were the downfall of the linebackers last year in my opinion, too many times out of position.

If I didn't know better, I would have thought I wrote that post... I couldn't possibly agree more.