• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

bait shops around baudette

Planning a trip to LOW August 13-20, satying at Sportmans. Wondering what the best bait shop is in that area.

Thanks

Adrians has pretty good minnows when I have been up to the point.

Warhawk: smile.gif Log Cabin is the place you want to go. It's just past the Sportsman's turn on Hwy 172, can't miss it.. Best minnows, Crawlers, Leaches and the most important, GOOD ADVISE! Steve has his ear to the ground and knows what's happening on the water. He doesn't mind sharing that info when you get your bait there. Many of the Guides stop in too... Enough said, LOG CABIN BAIT. Great Liquor Store there too, and the prices are right...Kaz

Don't be surprised if Steve gives you the cold shoulder. Just speaking from experience. mad.gif

Easy there Steve, I've gotten the cold shoulder when in your store getting bait before. I will say though that it is a good bait store just don't count on any specific fishing reports. Just my 3 cents. blush.gif

Come on in and you'll probaby get a good fishing report then. times are good on the big lake now.

Thanks guys for the replies.

Wondering if there any crankbaits that you guys use more often than others on LOW at this time of the year. I'm wondering about profile and size. For example, on Lake Erie it seems I've done better on big Reef Runners and Smithwicks. On Winnebago, there are times of the year when it seems they want a Wally Diver/Shad Rap and other times of the year they like the "skinnier" baits like Tundersticks and Little Rippers.

Any help would be appreciated

I don't know where you guys ar coming from. I shop there a lot and always get the real scoop as to where their biting. That is a busy place and if I were jumping around with lots of customers I may not be able to visit much either!! Steve I guess you can't keep all of the people happy all of the time, but everyone I've talked to feels as I do. Maybe some people don't know a good thing when they see one... Kaz

Yeah Steve! whats going on last time i was there ya just threw me out! Yeah Thats right kick me to the curb just like that!heheheh

Oh yeah i almost forgot, Quit telling all these people the fish are biting what ya trying to do Make a Living? hehehe

I,m awfully facisious today aint I?

right now warhawk shad raps no. 5's an no 7's little rippers, storm juniors, wally divers,spros if you dont have any takers in 8-10 minutes change action colors ball depth, check for little fish dragging also, to small to release,can cause alot of line twist, watch it warrior I sell band aids also lol.

Yo Hruby, I deleted this post as you have already expressed an opinion. We do not need an ongoing tit for tat argument here. This is not the first time I have deleted posts from you containing you're negative feelings toward certain business entities up here.

Hopefully it will be the last?

Please reread our forum policy and if you would like to discuss this any further feel free to email me directly.

fiskyknut at yahoo

Depending on which side you are coming from there are good bait shops right in town. If you are coming from the east, both Lucky's bait(right off highway 72) or The Fishing Store(right next to Holiday in town) have great bait and good advice. Personally I normally run to The Fishing Store because it is on my way to the lake and they always give good advice, have great bait and have been up-to-date with me. Just my two cents from a "local".

Warhawk, seems some personal stuff entered this thread. Bottom line---Log Cabin has good bait and a very good selection of tackle that works--excellent selection of jigs, rigs, spinners, etc. Maps, e-chips, goodies, lotsa stuff and the Weather Channel is usually on the TV. No flying lures or snoopy rods, however. Getting info about the bite on a lake this big is usually quite generic--good on the rocks, good on the sand, good on the mud, etc. Thing change from day to day. I believe Steve tells you what he's heard. I'm just glad there is a bait shop nearby.

Warhawk, the rock bite was kind of weak for me on Fri/Sat but the mud bite was good. Number 5 in clown was bit more than other colors.

I'm going to agree that this got way to personal and was used as an attack. I've been quite happy with the service I've gotten at Log Cabin, and I'm not a local. I generally don't expect him to tell me exactly where to fish, color, depth, and to help me launch my boat. I'm quite glad he opened his shop up their because he doesn't hit the price up too much, and he's got everything we ever need without having to drive into Baudette. Besides that I think his wife ties some awesome spinners with many colors specifically designed for LOTW. She sat down and tied my buddy up 4 specific spinners while we waited last year. He also cut and burned the ends on some ropes for my slip last year himself which I thought was above and beyond.

Bottom Line is that for a reasonable fisherman or camper is that LCB&T is a great resource.

I'll start another post on what worked for me so that it's not in this thread. Although it was pretty simple, Shad Rap #5, and #7 in Baby Bass, and Clown.

Later, Ryan