• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Got a name for your boat?

Wishin2BFishin

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Valv

• mtreno

• CrappieJohn

• Slyster

I was struggling to flip my little boat over up at the lake lot the very first time and called it a stubborn goat. So now, "The Goat Boat", also comes with "goat motor" my huge heavy swimming raft is named "Goat Island".

I can't believe I had to get to the middle of page three before I saw "Wet Dream". Ha. I fished on a boat with that name several times on Lake Michigan out of Kewannee. Friend of my Dad co-owned it. That was about ten years back. Boy you got some monster Kings out back then. 5 full days for the cost of bait, camping, ice, and fuel. Who could beat that. Thanks Roger.

Saw a nice big boat with hot gals on vermillion 4yrs ago name of boat "Suck my wake" seemed right. My boat 1700 pro sport "Big johnson" don't ask

Old Blue, been in the famely for years. 1968 18ft. Cherakee

Still works great without the pymnt.

This isn't my boat but this past June I was fishing on Mille lacs and saw one named "Faw-kin-aye". I thought that was pretty good!

~piker

Lost my dad about 14 years ago way too soon to cancer. He didn't get a chance to take his grand kids fishing so across the back of the boat is "Dad, let's go fishing!"

I have a 1850 Lund Tyee Grand Sport with the name "Lip Ripper" This past weekend the starter went out and it was "NO LIP FOR YOU"...

We called the duck boat either "Nice Cans" or "Big Cans" depending on who you talk to.

Our old lund Mr. Pike was dubbed the "Pro V" but should be called "Money Pit"

The old 12 alumacraft we lived in in high school was named the "S.S. Minnow" or "S.S Hypothermia" for the stupid conditions we would take it out in.

A buddy and I used to cruise the Mississippi in high school in a 12 foot camo-painted boat with a 9.8 hp motor. We dubbed it "The Chick Magnet" and thus painted that on the side in bright yellow.

I passed one on the interstate last year, some old aluminum boat that was all beat to he!!. Hardly any paint or decals left on in but painted on the side was "Ol' dock scratcher!" Very fitting name.

I told my wife that I would like to have a truck and boat before we had kids. I got the truck but the boys came along before I got the boat. I finally purchased a lund after 3 or 4 years of waiting for the right time. My wife gave me her approval after I convinced her that Her weekends could be free if I had a boat to take the boys fishing in. grin.gif I'm sure it's been overused, but I'm thinking about naming mine "A Boat Time!" grin.gif

Not mine, but once saw "Ghetto Ranger". I really don't know if it floated or sat continuously on the trailer (flat tires, of course).

Outdoor ran, we were selling it, now we changed our mind and plans.

We were going to sell Lund, buy a 32ft or larger and leave it on lake as "live aboard" but it it a hassle and more expensive to move and upkeep.

We bought a 40ft 5th wheel camper and we'll leave it on a camping spot and tow boat back and forth.

REEL CRANKY is still here !!!!!!!!!

Kind of a friend of a friend had an old beat up boat he used to float around on the Whitefish Chain that had the name "Higher Standards" on the sides. Was pretty funny to pull up to the Warf in it and park next to 40' Donzi and Cobalts.

Ted

I was given a 1956 Ted Williams model rowboat by a friend who had it in his family since it was new. Even though I have completely redone the boat and trailer, it wouldn't be right to rename such a piece of history.

When out on a large lake with wind and/or recreational boats... I feel like calling my little 14' Lund "The Widow Maker" frown.gif

Have a friend that bought a boat for Lake Superior and he talked LOTS about fishing, but had a hard time convincing her to let him go and we named it "Lawn Ornanament" for him...

I was on Lake Geneva in WI and saw one of the funniest named boats ever. It was an old beat up wooden boat (not sure what kind but pretty big). The name on the back was "Morning Wood".

My dad and I got a pretty good laugh out of that.