• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Alexander to MN in 2006??

Down to Earth

I know this is looking out another year, but is it possible Seattle RB Shaun Alexander could be a Viking next year? Alexander just signed the 1 year offer sheet from Seattle, but the catch is Seattle CAN NOT designate him as a franchise player again after this season. I think of a few teams who will be in search of a franchise back and the Vikings being one of them. Don't forget Bennett and Williams will be unrestricted free agents after this season and Smith will be a restricted free agent. That leaves Moore and Fason left. Just could happen.

tice has always had a great deal of trust in bennett, unfortunately. i like bennett, but in tice's words "every year bennett has the ability to be a 1600-1800 yard back with numerous 40+ yard td runs". so even if he gets injured again this year (knock knock), tice will probably urge the team to resign.

It would be nice to see what kind of numbers Bennett would put up in an entire season.

You have to think that either Culpepper or the Vikes RBs will get more one yard runs this year without Moss. Seems like the vikes would throw a jump ball to Moss every time on 1st and goal from the 1.

In addition to Culpepper and Moe William's size being nice on the goal line, Mewelde Moore has always had nice moves and could be used for screen plays in the red zone as well. It should be pretty even coverege in the redzone now with Wiggins, Robinson, Burleson, Bennett, Daunte and our other rb's all needing tight D so lots of room to move for the receivers.