• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ok, so you thought I was going to tell you about some, now is there any panfish biting in southern MN? What about bass or walleyes? Looking to go out someplace tonight or tomorrow, looking for ideas.

river rat, crappies and sunnies on madison.....HUge ones. Lots fo them on big jeff too. u might have to weed out more but the ones u can get will be worth it. Look to bell bar and the flats on the north and west ends of big jeff. lots of bullheads too but a jig and a crappie minnnow would be ur best bet. walleyes might be found here too if ur lucky.

Sunnies. I'm sure you could catch a pile of em on German, just don't know how good the size will be. Can probably sort through to get a meal. I've heard some decent off of Washington too.

I've had luck with big sunfish on both Washington and Madison this year. Washington I was using waxies and Madison leaches.

~piker

I have had very good luck with pannies and crappies with a jig and a piece of crawler.Most of the nicer sunfish and crappies ive caught in 10-14 fow and later morning,just a little deeper.I have had no luck with the eyes on Washington this summer,they have me stumped.Try Bakers bay,the southeast shore by the narrows and grassy island and maybe third point to the grassy island.You should mark some fish in one of those spots.GOOD LUCK

Been doing real well on the Bell Bar for nice crappies. 24 fow or so. They are suspended 10 - 18 or so. Have to be moving with a jig head and minnow. Best bite has been 9AM till noon. Few bullies in there too though.

Sunnies on Madison have been running 9-10 inches and 12oz to 15oz. Big fish. They have been picky on bait though. One day it will be leeches, the next will be crawlers or waxies. Lately its been waxies mostly. Check the bay between Church bar and Point Pleasant in 6-8 fow. There are a lot of fish over by Grassy at the same depth. Good luck.

Pretty clever to get us to open your thread, eh???

So you were goin out Monday nite or Tuesday according to your initial post, but Tuesday nite you post with no response to your success??? Makes you go hmmmmm.

Big Ds, is the panfish bite more of an evening bite for the crappies and sunfish? Or are they biting all day? Usually, my best bite has been in the evening out there for the slabbers. Thanks for the reports all!

Kato-lets just say plans fell through............both nights