• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Shimano Service

HawgTide

Question

Can someone recommend a good service (warranty) center for Shimano? My new Castaic SF broke into two pieces after 40 days. This exact same thing happened to my first Castaic less than 2 months after I bought it. I sent it in for warranty service and it took 3 months to get it back. All I hear is good stuff about Shimano but apparently I'm cursed. Needless to say I'm PO'd because of the 3 Shimano products that I've bought that cost over $160, they've all broke in less than two months. At least the rod had an over the counter warranty.

9 answers to this question

Send them to:

Shimano America Corporation

1 Holland Drive

Irvine, CA 92618

Attn. Fishing Reel Service Dept.

They typically clean and do minor repairs and parts replacement for $12/reel

Thanks! It's in the mail, hopefully it will see action again this year. confused.gif

I would think that the company you bought the reel from would do an over the counter warranty on it also. They should be able to get full credit on the reel from their wholesaler. I know the dealer I work for would do it no questions asked.

Maybe it is time to take a look at Daiwa or Okuma. Just a suggestion. They are priced comparably with Shimano but are better quality. Just a suggestion.

Thanks DS. I should have tried taking it back to Scheels in St Cloud where I got it, but I figured after 30 days, I would have to work it out with Shimano. I will give Diawa a shot next time. They are about the only brand I don't own now so I should give them a chance.

Just wanted to post the results from the Shimano Service Dept. It took 4 weeks to get my reel back. It seems to be in good repair. The parts list said they used "substitute" Anti Rust Bearings, but the Original box said it already had ARB's, so I'm not sure what that's about. But overall, I guess 4 weeks isn't too bad.

HT-very glad they took care of you.. Hope the reel performs as you want from here on out!

Big DS:

I don't want to appear argumentative, but your statement that Diawa and Okuma are "....better quality..." than Shimano is counter to my experieces. I have two Diawa Millionaires, 2 Shimano Calcutta 200's, a couple Cronarchs and some other Diawa Tournament reels. I find them all to be of very good quality. I know nothing about Okuma and probably nevr will. I'm perfectly happy with what I have.Somebody will have to convince me there is something about Okuma that I'm missing.