• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anybody ever fish Typo lake near Stacy, MN?

Yeti...Larry lives on Typo Lake and it is pretty much a mud hole, very shallow for the most part....probably better for ducks then fish? I believe the deepest part is like 6-8 feet deep.

There is an old creek channel that runs through it, which is it's deepest area...they do get an occassional walleye out of there early on in the season? They must migrate up and down that creek channel from somewhere else?

Larry fished it a number of times, talked to people around the lake, tried it summer and winter....I guess he got a few small Crappies out of there also?

There was a thread on this lake last season, if you care to do any research. Catch you later.

The lake has large white and black Crappies, number of Walleyes, and 9,999,999,999,999 Carp.

Ice fish it. That's your best bet.

I mentioned this on a previous post. The access at Typo although concrete and otherwise ok, is very shallow. We got a 16'10" Alumacraft stuck there last summer and couldn't go anywhere but back out. I talked to someone who lives on the lake and they said very early ice is the best fishing.

• 2 weeks later...

I ice fished it twice and took the boat out there once, all I caught was bullheads, however when I was putting the boat in someone caught 3 nice eyes from shore. They did a survey last year but havn't posted the results yet. I'll go back out if the results of the survey look good.