• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey TourPro

Rivernut

Hey TourPro, have you been out lately. I was on the river in the Elk River area Friday night from 4-8 and absolutely hammered the smallies! All coming on a jig and any kind of brown trailer. Used craws,twin tails,chunks. They were apparently on a crawfish binge. How's it up in your neck of the wood's.

I was out this morning in Royalton and we absolutely stunk it up.

4 of us in the boat(SH and I with our sons), and we got 10 small smallies.

We got more pike than smallies for the second time in a row up on that stretch.

It was VERY slow up there.

BLB,I have thought about hitting that area. How easy is it to navigate in that area. I know where the launch is just out of town. I thought I might try some Musky fishing. What do you think. Any input would be helpful.

I Haven't been out on the river in over a week. There hasn't been alot of people fishing either, not sure why. We also had our 2nd mayfly hatch of the year over the weekend, not as big as the first.

Glad to here you had a good outing. It's always a blast when you get into those smallies. As far as navigating the stretch of river S. of Blanchard dam, it starts getting hairy when you get close to the big island N. of the Sportman club access. Lots of big rocks in that area. The area S. of the access can be tricky also. Big shallow sandbars just before the bridge. The water is lower now and not quite as fast. now would be a good time to come up and check it out. Bring someone with you, have him sit up front and watch and take it slow. This is a pretty good way to learn that stretch.

Good luck

Paul

Thanks Paul, the sportsmans launch is where I was thinking of putting. I'm thinking if I do I'm bringing my Musky stuff with also. If your out on the river and you see a white starcraft W/25 merc. stop over & say hi. Thanks again for the info.