• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Boat Rentals

Does anyone know of some lakes in the metro area where you can rent small motorboats for an afternoon of fishing? I have a buddy who's future father-in-law is coming up in a few weeks and they wanted to do some fishing. They posed this question to me and I was unsure so I thought some of you would be helpful. They aren't looking for anything spectacular, just a small boat and motor to get around an area lake and wet a line.

Thanks for your help!

-Cupper

Check out Harty's on Medicine Lake. Joe is a very nice guy who really works hard at catering to the angler. He has a baitshop and boat rental station available at the lake. And Medicine Lake can be an excellent fishing lake. A good choice if you're targeting bass, pike or panfish...

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

I thinks Howards point marina on Tonka rents boats, if my memory is wrong on the name somebody will correct me.

*nod*

There are a couple of rentals on 'Tonka... not sure if the names though either. I know one of the locations is in Mound. Not sure if that's the same place that buzzsaw is referring to....?

Gander Mtn in Lakeville rents boats out. I think you can take them to any lake (not 100% on that). The prices looked kinda spendy though.

I think there's also a place on White Bear Lake that rents boats. Not 100% sure on that though.

There is a place on Bald Eagle (near WBL) that rents boats as well... I just don't know the name of it.

The place on White Bear is called Talleys @ 651-426-9909, and the place on Bald Eagle is called Bald Eagle rental @ 651-426-0365. (Used to be called Bobbers) There's only the one place on each lake.

• 1 year later...

are you guys aware of any prices these places charge for a normal fishing boat?

thanks!

Cupper,

Check out In Town Marina in Waconia. I'm pretty sure they still rent boats and pontoons. (952) 442-2096

Beak