• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Coming up on the 1st of August to fish smallies on Big V's West and East side for a week. I have fished there in June before. How is ist different? What can I expect?

When fishing the daytime use plastics around trees, sunken structure. Now bigger smallies are supposedly out from shore in the daytime...but Ive caught hogs at 3pm 6 inches from shore. Work reedlines with deeper water adjacent to them. Reel in let sink reel in let sink. We hammered them last weekend pretty much non stop. Crankbaits (Like jointed shad raps) and top water seem to work good at night. Husky Jerks around dead heads.

Leave some fish for me!

August can be tricky, don't overlook docks. Canfield portage bay is okay along with the docks on Moose Island and the south shore.