• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sartell - Rice stretch

NELS-BELLS

Has anyone fished this stretch lately? I might be fishing there this evening for smallies and I was hoping for a good report. I was also wondering if the mayflies are hatching and if so, how thick are they?

Thanks,

Nels

Its good to have some mayflies hatching, which I think happens every night this time of year. I just didn't want to be out during the mother load. I'm hoping for some late evening top water action.

Anyone ever try for Muskies in that stretch? If so what type of structure do you look for this time of year? A friend who might go along tonight, likes to fish for Muskies. I've heard that they are in there.

Thanks,

Nels

I was out on the 21st and the smallies were bigger the deeper we fished. We got all our bigguns in 12'-16' of water, near the bottom, on carolina-rigged Case Hellgramites.

We hit the river about 6:30 last Fri. evening. My buddy spent the whole time casting for muskies and I fished for smallies. I only caught 6 or so, nice size smallies and my buddy caught one 14" Muskie. All of the smallies came off of a buzz bait. I tried a few other lures but with no success. After reading Aquaman's post I should have been fishing deeper. I also did not see a single mayfly at dusk, which would have improved my topwater success considerably.

Nels