• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Twitchin bars and Magic Eyes at ICAST

I am down in Las Vegas enjoying balmy weather of 117 yesterday and a cooler 114 today. I thought I would share some of the cool new products displayed at the ICAST (International Convention of Allied Sportfishing Trades) show in Las Vegas.

Lowrance has introduced its new modular connector which allows you to connect or add any component anywhere in the wiring harness with universal modular connectors. This is a quantum leap in wiring up electronics.

Diawas new TD Viento has a twitching bar which rests under your thumb when palming the reel. This allow you to take up 4” of line with a slow push, or more with a quick push. This lets you hop or crawl the bait across the bottom in a very realistic manner.

Shimano has a new Curado D model out which is upgraded from the previous model and is also offered in a blazing fast 7.00 to 1 retrieve model.

Gamakatsu has a new eye design (Magic Eyes) on its trebles which will make changing hooks on crankbaits a snap without split ring pliers.

I also saw a new product which allows you to save your trip when you spin a hub on your prop. You simply remove the prop nut and washer and inert this unit and reinstall the prop hardware. It will keep the hub from slipping and allow you to get back to the dock or save your weekend. I do not remember the name but will try and post it tomorrow.

Kistler has a new line of rods which do not have any fore grip in front of the reel seat. Although they do look a little odd they feel great in the hand. I think this will be an idea that will catch on as we never really use the fore grip anyways.

Coast products has some really neat LED lights for virtually any application.

Consolidation continues with Normark/Rapala’s purchase of Luhr Jensen and rumors that it will be announcing the purchase of another big player in the tackle industry here at ICAST. It may be the Pradco brands as they supposedly made an offer last fall that was not accepted at that time.

I will update this with some other neat new items in the near future, but it is Vegas and it may have to wait until I get back later this week.

Sounds like some great stuff! I'd like to get ahold of that Daiwa with the twitching button.

Thanks for the update. Have you been hangin out with DocKehr?