• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Made it out for a couple hours in the middle of the hot day today. The rain this morning added a good tint to the water.

Fishing started out pretty decent. I don't usually catch anything on the first part of the stretch, but I landed two in my first 5 casts. Well more like 1. The other one hit as I threw my spinner back into the water while I released the fish I just caught.

I was starting to get a little frustrated with the way the fishing was going after that. I had 2 nice fish hit (14"+). But I did not hook up with either one of them. The biggest fish of the day was not landed either. It decided it didn't want to be caught and then proceeded to break the line.

All hope was not lost though. I had another, what I thought was an average fish, on. All of a sudden PING there goes the drag and the fish is off downstream. I end up having to walk down with it. I finally get even with this monster and PING off it goes again downstream. I can easily say that this fish was in control for the first few minutes. After I get even with it again, it only makes a few more short bursts. I bend over to pick it up...man what a hog! I didn't know it was possible to have goosebumps in the middle of July when it's 90 degrees, but I did as I measured and released her to fight another day. It taped out to a dandy 17.5". My biggest so far this year.

The rest of the day brought a few more small ones. I caught one more nice one (14") and called it quits after that.

Good Fishin

F.F.

Sounds like it was a great day of fishing. Those piggies are a blast!

Thanks for the report!