• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Dennis any idea when or where this might be?

Woulda loved to seen ya down in Mankato.

rob

I'm free anytime in August other than the 1st weekend (Portable Ice House Modification Get-Together grin.gif).

Also would be looking for an empty seat if one is available. wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

1st weekend is out for me. The rest of the weekends in August look like they are open.

Iv'e been off the river for over a month. frown.gif

I'd like to go. Can a 14' jon boat with 25H prop make it around? I went to the gathering 2 years ago in Chaska. I got a 38" flatty on cut sucker going for channels. I guess he couldn't resist. That was my first REAL flat. Little ones don't really count do they? tongue.gif

Good luck this weekend fellas. I'm going to Mille lacs for some weird fish called a Walleye grin.gif What the heck is that? LOL

I'm out

I use a 14ft with a 15 horse and that works just fine.

How about August 13? (Just throwing out a date since noone else is)

jk

Not sure but I think Belle Plaine is having their tourney the weekend of the 13th and this his upcoming weekend(6th) is the Bobber Shop Tourney. The weekend of the 27th would work best for me.

Thats if we are still having another rat meet this summer??

rob

I don't know how it happened but my calendar is full and over flowing.

However....I might be able to make the 27th. Only have a day deal going on that day.

Everyone would be welcome to come up to the Carver stretch, but I think we'd have better fishing upstream. 5lb flatty's have taken over my home stretch. Must have had a good year class.

How 'bout 'Kato or St Peter??

Possibly the Judson landing which is the next boat landing up from river Mankato or possibly the Le Sueur landing? Both I think are good boat landings but not to sure about shore fishing spots around Judson. I know there is some nice shore spots close to the boat landing in Le Sueur. Mankato would work to. Just some ideas on spots.

Looking forward to possbily putting some more names to faces.grin.gif

Rob

Rob the 27th of aug works for me and location doesn't matter either.

A couple of my friends have caught fish this week in the high 30s and a few in the 20s anywhere from down stream from St. Peter up to Mankato and last night I got a 38 up stream from Mankato. Not many fish but quality fish.

Didnt have much of a chance Thursday night to catch anything before a wicked storm blew us off the river. I saw a BASS boat flying up river in the dark shooting a huge rooster tail that night though. Those stupid guys sent a wake over the side of my buddies boat. I must say though it looked pretty cool shooting that tail high in the air and it was suprisingly quiet compaired to my friends 25hp motor that went by earlier in the night, but if they hit anything going that speed they prolly woulda sunk the boat and surly thrown themselves far out into the river. People are wierd. tongue.gif

Stam if you are planning on comming up this weekend advoid the mankato area the Bobber shop tourney is gonna be goin on so there will be tons of people fishing from St. Peter up to New Ulm. Glad I have to work and wont be on the river.grin.gif

rob

The 27th would work for me too. I suggest the St. Peter area. Alot of good shore spots and the landing is in good shape.

Brian

Its ON!

Lets do the St. Peter stretch.

Like Pappa Grump said, there is good shore spots and the landing is usually in good condition. Campgrounds right there for folks who "need" to spend the night. wink.gif

Do you guys think a 16' Mod V w/50hp prop, will be able to get around down that way?

If not shore sounds good.

You might be able to, but it's low. Got to pick your spots. That's kinda hard when it dark and foggy though. confused.gif

North or St. Peter a little ways starts to get pretty shallow, but if you get through that area, you should be good.

I was down at the St. Peter landing a couple of days ago and it looked to be in good shape and no sand hump like the rat meet last year.

Dennis - Lookin forward to seeing your new river tank havent fished with or seen ya in quite awhile.

The river is lookin very good but VERY LOW around St. Peter. There is soooo much wood exposed now. More than I have ever seen or knew exsisted. If you can get around out there, there are some great lookin spots. The problem is getting around out there. I sure would love a Go Devil, River Pro or a Helicopter right now!!! grin.gif

So a 14' jon and 25H short shaft prop won't suffice? Whoops already asked that. I think I can do the 27th.

Yeah you should be fine. The rain we had the other day has brought the river up to make things alittle easier. River is still loookin gooood!

I'll see if I can drag Mr Special to go along. We tried the 35W launch and I got a big ol skunk.

What do you think guys, should we get a roll call going??

What about a meeting time, location, etc?

I plan on being there.

What Ebass meant to say was he got skunked. WWG, Kornfish and I did find some cats. Even a flattie. Ebass,

I think the cat gods know deep down you're a bass guy and give you a hard time. j/k

Ah just remember who has caught a bigger flathead - that's right the bass guy. Think it ain't?!?! LOL Add a 28" channel this year (personal best thanks to pool 2)

I havent talked to him Jamie. Matter of fact I havent seen him post in a long while either.

Was out last night for a short evening, till around 10 only boating one 3-4 lb flathead. The river is very low-very low, and difficult to navigate from the Land of Memories access up. Lots of sandbars in spots you would assume were the deeper channels....my boat stays fairly shallow too. 14 mod V with a 15 hrs. Not RiverPro shallow though.

Be safe and have fun this weekend, will be out of town unfortunately.

jk

Only a couple days away...

I am looking forward to it.

I do like that shallow water. Less places for those cats to hide from me! grin.gif

What time is everyone showing up?

I think we are doing St. Peter. ???

Not sure about time.

I know I can't make it before 4:00.