• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

South East end this weekend

picksbigwagon

I am heading up for two days on the lake (fri & sat). My brother is coming along too, and we want to catch some fish. I plan on targeting walleyes in the morning and evening and chasing smallies and northerns during the day. I was up there 2 weeks ago and we had some success around hennepin island. Is that the best bet still? I read somewhere about trolling cranks out in no where land. is that a plausible option? Any help here would be great.......

Picks,

My best walleye fishing has been during the day, maybe that's because I leave the lake when the sun hits the trees, I hate running back to the dock through all the bugs any later.

We've been doing very well rigging with leeches in water anywhere from 21' up to 12' right in the middle of the day even with the nasty heat.

Ole

Really? in rocks or gravel....I know of a couple good rock areas that are 12-21' but am not too familiar with gravel areas.....is the grave yard a possibility? what about the west gravel bar? what color if any in rigging the leeches, drifting or trolling?

Picks, OLE is correct on the southeast side, but if that doesn't work try the mud. Can't go wrong out there. I use a red hook no bead when rigging this time of year....me and 4 million other guys. You can drift or troll in either spot, but go SLOW. If rigging .5mph is max. Good luck

Thanks guys, it looks like it will be just me tomorrow and my brother will join me on saturday. I just bought a pound of leeches and I have a good selection of red hooks from ice fishing this winter, looks like I am ready to burn some bait........and maybe catch a fish or two

Picks, I'll be up there tomorrow also. I'll be in a Lund Pro V Tiller black and silver with a 90 HP Merc. Look for me on the mud if you get there. I'll be with my kids( 2 boys)

I doubt I will hit the mud, but you never know. I am in an older (89) crestliner fishhawk tiller, white with dark gray strips, two motors off the back a 9.9 evi, and a 40 evi.

I will be solo tomorrow, so I might just run up there and try it out depending on the weather. Where do you put in for the mud? I usally fish southeast and put in at the state park

I have a place at Fisherman's warf. I go everywhere from there. I don't know where to launch up north, but Indian point(on the west side) is a lot closer than the State park. Shouldn't be much wind tomorrow so running up there won't be bad. Good luck.

Sounds good, I'll have to see what time I get out of here first though. My wife and the boys are heading to spring grove for a baby shower. I opted to go fishing..

We put in at the public access just past Indian Point (forget the name of the bay now) easy shot out to Shermans and other flats. But get there early, last Saturday we arrived at 6:30 am and already had to park in the ditch.

At 5:30 the lots were only half full, so at least you don't have to get out real early.

Picks, was that you just outside Mac's on Saturday about 3pm. I was just leaving after the weigh in and saw a boat like you described. Nice wind on Saturday huh? How did you do?

Yep that was us, check out the "recent reports", we did pretty well in 2 1/2 hours drifting in front of mac's.... Just finished frying up my take from the weekend tonight with family and friends..... TASTY